Thursday, October 1, 2020

13 Days of Halloween BEGINS TODAY with the Howlin' Halloween Blog Hop!

Hello there friends!!  What a fabulous post I have to share with you today.  

First of all, today marks DAY1 of the 13 Days of Halloween Treats event that I promised! 


AND, we're also joining the Howlin' Halloween Blog Hop!  YAY!!!


I'm so excited to start this new series, mostly because Halloween is one of my absolute FAVORITE occasions! I love decorating with fun and spooky decor. I love to see the kiddos in their costumes. And I LOVE making and giving out treats!!  

To that end, Day 1 begins using a super fun treat I found at Dollar Tree.  How many of you have ever tried (or enjoy) pop rocks candy?  Oh me me me!! I do! I do!!  They're so much fun aren't they?!  So when I saw them in the store I KNEW I'd make a treat holder for them.  They come 4 to a pack, so that's a terrific value as well! 


Adorable right?  Who wouldn't love to receive this treat?  It's super cute, perfectly sized to tuck into a pocket or bag, and the treats are SO MUCH FUN! :-D

The base of the holder is cut at 6" x 4 1/2".  Then score on the LONG side at: 2 3/4" and 5 1/2". 

The next thing we need to do is cut the pocket angle.  For this, I lined up the bottom open corner at 1" and aligned the top folded corner on the cut track.   Cut that corner off!  You'll follow the same concept with the 2 5/8" x 4 1/4" DSP layer.  

Once you've got the corner cut off, you'll want to cut a large portion of that 1/2" strip off as well. Cut along the score line, all the way down to where the front panel touches it.  Then cut across to remove the strip of the tab that would show above your corner cut. 


I love inked edges. I think it makes a project look more "finished".  So I inked up all the edges of the pocket and the DSP piece.   Then attach the DSP to the front panel. 

You can see in the photo here, how I assembled the pocket.  You'll want to put a piece of Tear & Tape along the tab and then apply half the width of Tear & Tape to the base of the pocket and fold it over itself again to adhere the bottom (notice the thinner strip of Tear & Tape). 


For the front pocket that holds the tag, I used the Fancy Label Punch on the spider DSP.  Then, I lined up the one scalloped edge to the 1 1/2" mark on the trimmer and cut the other edge off.  I also cut a sliver off each side (aligning with where the first scallop starts).  Once I cut it all down, I inked the edges all around it too. And then I applied Tear & Tape to three sides to form a pocket.  You could cut one 1" length of Tear & Tape and then cut it longways into three very skinny strips for this.  You want just the slightest edge of adhesive all around to leave room for your tag.


Speaking of the Tag, I stamped the spooky sweet little haunted house from the " Everything Essential" stamp set in Tuxedo Black, and then punched it out with the coordinating Essential Tag Punch.  I ended up using Light Granny Apple Green and Purple Posy Stampin' Blends to color it in, and of course inked up the edges in black.  After I punched a hole in the top, I attached some of the glittered organza ribbon and snipped the tails to finish it off.  

I borrowed the Spider web die from the Peek-A-Hoot dies and cut it out of the Black Glitter Paper to add some sparkle.  Then used the "A Treat So Sweet" sentiment from the "Banner Year" stamp set to make the banner on the front.  My treat holder needed a little something there and this fit it PERFECTLY!

I colored some of the Holiday Rhinestones with Dark Pumpkin Pie Stampin' Blends to match it up a bit and attached one to the little tag for the full moon, and then a few more on the pocket to bling it up a little bit. :-) 


I hope you enjoyed today's super cute Halloween Treat!  I think it kicks off Day 1 of the 13 Days of Halloween Treats event spooktacularly, don't you?? 

Be sure to visit the other blogs in the Howlin' Halloween Blog Hop to see what other thrills and shrills you'll find!  



Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

If you'd like to purchase any of the supplies I used for today's project, simply click an image below to be taken directly to my website. Enjoy!

Product List

5 comments:

  1. I AM IN LOVE! You have made two fantastic projects! wells done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute! I love it! ❤️❤️ I am looking forward to seeing all of your Halloween Treats! My favorite holiday. 🎃👻🧙🏻‍♀️🕷🦇 Casing is underway in my craft room. Thank you for sharing. 👍🤗

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure these treats are going to be very well received.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely project. I can't wait to see all the other projects you come up with for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete