Friday, October 2, 2020

Day 2 of the 13 Days of Halloween Treats

Good morning friends! I hope you're well today. :-) Welcome to DAY 2 of our 13 Days of Halloween Treats project series.  


How did you like yesterday's pop rocks treat holder?  Cute eh?  

Today's Halloween treat is a bit of a practical one. They can't all be sweets that'll rot your teeth, can they? hehe.  


Today, I thought I'd show you how to make this super cute little notepad holder.  

I had gone shopping at Dollar Tree the other day, looking for supplies and goodies for the 13 Days treats.  I found some fabulous Halloween candies, toys, and these adorable little pens!  The pens come in a 12 pack for only $1 which is an incredible deal! And, even though I already had these white ones on hand, you can find two packs of the square post-its for $1 as well.  So this is another inexpensive treat.  In fact, we'll say that all 13 of these treats will be affordable enough to give out to all your little ghouls and goblins this year! 

Let's get started!

First, the base is cut at 7 3/8" x 3 1/4".  So you can get 3 per 8 1/2" x 11" sheet of cardstock. 
Score ON THE LONG SIDE at 3 1/8", 3 1/2", and 3 7/8". 


Next, fold on the CENTER score line.  Using your snips: cut two lines, approximately 1" apart, up to the next score line (as shown in the following photo). This will be the pen holder. 


Burnish all the score lines and pop that center "holder" out as shown. This will help you see how and where to attach Tear & Tape. 


I placed the pen in the holder to give the space some structure so I could place the Tear & Tape along the one side.  You'll only want to add it to the two sections, NOT the center one. 


Then, you'll press that section down to the back panel of the holder, as shown below. This finishes the assembly of the holder.  You can now attach the post-it pad to the back of the holder, using Tear & Tape.  

I wanted my pen on top, so I put the loose edge of the post-its pointed away from the pen holder.  But if you'd like the pen on the side, you could just turn the post-its accordingly. It's up to you. Both would be super cute!  I will say though, You want the post-it pad right up against the edge of the pen holder.  This will give you an even border around the other three sides. 


I used the "Have a Hoot" bundle to dress up this project.  I stamped the little owl with his pumpkin in Memento ink on Whisper White Cardstock and then stamped BOO on a 1/2" strip off Granny Apple Green.  I cut the strip down to 1 1/4" long. 


To color the little owl and pumpkin, I turned to Stampin' Blends.  I used the Mango Melody for the "glow" inside the pumpkin.  Pumpkin Pie colored the Pumpkin, Granny Apple colored the stem, and the Crumb Cakes colored the owl. I also used the Mango Melody to cover the owls little toes that were showing under the edge of the pumpkin.   

I used a little Wink of Stella over the glowing bits to give our sweet pumpkin just a little shimmer.  

After the coloring was completed, I used the coordinating die to cut the image out. 


While I had the pumpkin stamp inked up, I went ahead and stamped the first page of the Post-it pad too.  "No naked insides" can also apply to post-it pads! 


To decorate the cover, I embossed a 3 1/8" x 3" piece of Basic Black Cardstock with the Cobwebs 3D Embossing Folder.  This added just the right amount of texture, and I find that embossing a background can really be all you need to make a fantastic canvas for your focal image!

I attached that layer with Seal Adhesive.  Then used the Ornate Frames Die Set to create the Gorgeous Grape label and Whisper White layer. I attached each layer with Stampin' Dimensionals to really help it "POP" on the project! 

I tucked that little "BOO" onto the backside of the pumpkin die cut and the attached that piece using dimensionals as well.  After the focal stuff was attached, I went back and added a little bow tied from the Playful Pets trim combo pack.  That baker's twine is just perfect for Halloween projects!

Last but not least, a few clear Rhinestone Jewels were added to give it a little BLING!


I hope you enjoyed today's Halloween Treat! Remember to come back tomorrow to see Day 3 of the 13 Days of Halloween Treats! And, don't forget to check out yesterday's post if you missed it! The pop rocks treat holder was SO CUTE!

Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

If you'd like to purchase any of the supplies used here today, simply click an image to be taken directly to my website. Enjoy!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment