Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Happy BOO From Me To You!

Heya friends! I have a sweet little treat for you today! We're nearing the end of September and that means Halloween is coming soon! Surely that means I need to share some fun treat ideas with you!  You're in luck! Today is one such day! :-D

I recently came across a bag of individually wrapped Green Apple Gumballs. I thought they'd make fantastic Halloween treats, but wasn't exactly sure at the time what kind of holders I'd make for them.  Today, I decided to play around with them a little, and came up with this absolutely stinkin' adorable matchbook treat holder for them. 


Adorable, isn't it? 

I created the little Matchbook to fit the gumball perfectly, and then realized that the BOO tag from "Tags Tags Tags" fit perfectly too!! WIN!


One of the fabulous things about the Tags Tags Tags bundle is that the little jack-o-lantern dies fit the stamped images on the tag.  So you can stamp and then die cut or just die cut out of Pumpkin Pie cardstock.  I goofed the alignment on this one, so I used it as my test piece. lol.  It seems to be easier to die cut the tags first and THEN align the stamp. 


I cut up some tiny bits of dimensionals to pop those little jacks up!  They're really cute! 

For the matchbook itself, I used a 1 3/8" x 5 1/2" strip of Basic Black Cardstock (scored on the LONG side at: 1/2", 2 3/4", and 3 1/2"). The first 1/2" section is the base of the matchbook.  Once you've scored and burnished all your lines. Insert the little gumball wrapper all the way down to the score line and then staple near the bottom fold. The rest of the cardstock folds over the front of the candy and then tucks into the 1/2" section.  

The fringed twine is the black and white baker's twine from the Playful Pets combo pack.  I used about 6" length and then cut a bit off to shorten and frey the ends.  I added dimensionals to the back of the tag to attach it to the matchbook too.  Perfect fit!

I added a few of the Holiday Rhinestones just to give a little sparkle. So cute!


I hope you enjoyed today's fun little project! 

Stay tuned beginning this Thursday October 1st for the 13 days of Halloween Treats! I'll be doing a post every day from the 1st through the 13th sharing a different one!

Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

Click the image below to take advantage of this incredible EXTRA bundle
with the Stampin' Up Starter Kit! The "ULTIMATE BUNDLE" and then some
For only $99!!

Happening RIGHT HERE on The Stampin' Chic's Blog!

Do you like to play Bingo? Do you live in or near East TN? 
JOIN US for Stampin' Bingo!! Click the image to visit the event page for more details!

If you'd like to purchase any of the supplies I used on today's project, simply click an image below to be taken directly to my website.  Enjoy!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment