Monday, October 26, 2020

Stampers Showcase Blog Hop - Embossing


Good morning friends!! It's time for the Stampers Showcase Blog Hop! This month's theme is all about the Embossing Technique.  

There are two basic types of Embossing. Dry emboss uses patterned folders that you press through an embossing machine that creates an imprint in the paper that was run through with the folder.  HEAT emboss uses a wet ink, special heat reactive powder, and a heat source.  

My project is using the DRY EMBOSS technique.  Stampin' Up has absolutely beautiful decorative folders to emboss paper with.  I'm using one from the 2020 Holiday Catalog called "Evergreen Forest". It creates a beautiful scene of trees that is just perfect for my card.  I paired this embossing folder with the Merry Moose Stamp & Punch Bundle. 


I absolutely LOVE my layering shapes dies!  The Layering Ovals came in quite handy and gave me a very subtle, but beautiful frame for my moose friend!  I used a little piece of Real Red Braided Trim to create his scarf.  The stamp set includes a scarf image that fits him, but I liked the idea of added texture and a "real" element. 

Of course, what do I always say? "No Naked Insides, and No Naked Envelopes!" Here's how I did the inside. 

Hop all the way around to all the participating blogs to see lots of beautiful samples of each type of embossing.  Click the "NEXT BLOG" Button below to head over to Marita's blog to see what beautiful work of art she has in store for you!


Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you enjoyed my project.  Even though Halloween isn't yet here, it feels like Christmas is just around the corner. Time to go ahead and get started on those cards so they're ready to mail out! :-D 

Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

If you would like to purchase any of the supplies I used on today's project, simply click an image below to be taken directly to my website. Enjoy!

Product List

5 comments: