Sunday, October 4, 2020

Day 3 of the 13 Days of Halloween Treats

Hello there! We're back online with the 13 Days of Halloween Treats, having taken a break yesterday for World Card Making Day.  Boy oh boy! What an exciting day it was! Did you create a card yesterday?  I posted several of my favorite projects to inspire your creativity.  I hope it helped. :-D 


So here we are, Day 3 of the 13 Days of Halloween Treats!!  Today's treat is a fun little toy in a splendid gift box.  


This little box is just as cute as it can be!  Different dimensions would make this box PERFECT for gifting some Russell Stover Chocolates too! YUM! 

As it is, today's treat is a fun little novelty.  A "hopping" spider! Spooky!!!


We'll start with two pieces of cardstock that both measure 5 1/2" x 5".  I used Gorgeous Grape and Basic Black for mine.  

Score each piece of cardstock at 1 3/4" on all four sides.  I recommend using a box shim when scoring the lid. If you haven't made one, you can achieve a similar result by pushing the paper just a hair away from the scoring edge before you measure.

Once you've scored your box pieces, cut along the score lines as shown below and miter on each of the four tabs that I've applied liquid glue to.  Apply some glue to the tabs and assemble as a "standard box".  Do the same with both pieces of cardstock.  

I stamped the word "BOO" from "Ghoulish Goodies" all over the Gorgeous Grape piece before I assembled it. 


I used the "Tags, Tags, Tags" stamp & die set to create the BOO-tiful tag for the box.  The die set includes a little pumpkin die that cut these two little darlings out of Pumpkin Pie Cardstock.  

The black and white baker's twine in the Playful Pets Trim Combo was a perfect accent to the box, and ties it shut wonderfully. 


I have been having a terrific time creating these fun Halloween Treat projects for you so far! I have lots more in store for you too! 10 more days to go!  Be sure to check back tomorrow to see what's next.  Tomorrow is also Make-It Monday, so I'll not only have a project, but I'll have a video for you too! Woo hoo!!

Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

If you'd like to purchase any of the supplies I used on today's project, simply click an image below to be taken directly to my website.  Enjoy!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment