Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Day 5 of the 13 Days of Halloween Treats

Hello Friends! We're already on DAY 5!! 


That means we're nearly halfway through our 13 Days of Halloween Treats!  Are you enjoying it so far?  


Today's treat is Tinker Tom's Favorite (AKA Mr Stampin' Chic).  He LOVES Rice Crispy Treats!  I may have had to buy a huge box of these individually wrapped treats just for ONE to use in my project post. 

I hate that I'll have so many left over. hehe! I guess I'll just have to sneak one into his lunchbox here and there, won't I? ;-) I'm sure he won't mind a bit! HA!

OK, to create this treat holder, I started with a piece of cardstock that measured 4 1/4" x 11". 

On the LONG SIDE, I scored at: 1 3/4", 2 5/8", 6 3/8", and 7 1/4"
On the SHORT SIDE, I scored at: 3/8", 1 1/4", 3", and 3 7/8"

Then, I cut sections away as you can see from the photo here. 

Again, I used the Magic in this night Designer Series Paper.  

The measurements for the DSP layers are: 
*  Sides (cut 2): 3/4" x 1 5/8"
* Front Pocket: 1 5/8" x 1 5/8" 
* Top Edge: 1 /8" x 3/4" 
* Outer front panel: 1 5/8" x 3 5/8"  (You could cut two of these if you'd like the front and back of your treat holder to be covered)

As you can also see from the photo here, I sponged all the edges in Tuxedo Black.  I sponged the cardstock AND the DSP edges.  It truly does create a more finished look!


I used liquid glue on the two small tabs and Tear & Tape for the longer ones, to glue the pocket for the treat. 

The Everything Essential Bundle did a perfect job of creating the tags that adorned the front of the treat holder.  One was punched from Whisper White, and the other punched from Pumpkin Pie.  I inked the edges of both tags and stamped the little bats cluster all over the Pumpkin Pie piece. For the stamped Pumpkin, I used Light and Dark Pumpkin Pie and Dark Mango Melody to color him in. Isn't he so cute? 

After I stamped & colored both tags, I used my "Take your pick" tool to poke a nice little hole through the upper center. I threaded a small(ish) piece of Playful Pets Black & White Twine through the holes on both tags and tied a knot over the top of them.  Then I frayed the ends to give it some texture. 


I attached the tags to the front of the holder with Stampin' Dimensionals.  The last thing I did was use the "A TREAT SO SWEET" Stamp from the Banner Year stamp set to create a sweet little finishing touch for the front of my holder.  It is, after all, a super sweet treat!


I hope you enjoyed today's project and look forward to Day 6 of the 13 Days of Halloween Treats! 

Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

If you would like to purchase any of the supplies I used on today's project, simply click an image below to be taken directly to my website. Enjoy!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment