Friday, October 23, 2020

It's a Paper Pumpkin kind of day!

Good mornin' friends! I hope today finds you well.  

This month's Paper Pumpkin kit was an extra special one. It was offered to all of Stampin' Up's Global markets, instead of just North America. Folks in those countries couldn't be happier! They love Paper Pumpkin as much as we do, it seems!  The theme is all about sharing joy with others, all over the world. 

What a splendid message, given the state of our world today!


The kit contained supplies to create 8 beautiful holiday cards. 


But, one of the wonderful things about Paper Pumpkin is the ability to take the supplies that come in the kit and change them into something different.  That's what this post, and the blog hop, is all about!

I bring you, "Joy To The World".  I used the "JOY" stamp from the kit, along with Versamark ink and White Emboss Powder, to create the fantastic chalkboard style background.  It paired up nicely with a wreath and label from the kit.  The little gold foil strip is actually a scrap I was able to collect from the die cut sheet included in the kit.  Waste not, want not! :-D A Cherry Cobbler twine bow finished it off beautifully!


SUPRISE! A bonus alternative for you! hehehe. 

This time, I took advantage of the "HINGE STAMPING TECHNIQUE" with my Stamparatus to create the focal image for my card.  I used a card base from the kit and stamped Merry Christmas multiple times in Crumb Cake & Cherry Cobbler inks. The textured background on the Cherry Cobbler layer is from the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing folder. It adds just the right amount of somethin' to the card. I finished it off with a length of Faux Suede Ribbon.   

Well, why not?! How about one last alternative project for ya? 

This one is fantastic because it uses supplies from the kit (plus the addition of the red Holiday Rhinestones).  I chose to use one of the German words for "peace" because it's beautiful and you don't have to speak German to know what it says.  The design is very similar to the design in the kit, except that I dismantled an envelope to get that beautiful Cherry Cobbler Designer Series Paper.  It's amazing the amount of difference that is made, just by adding this one strip of paper to the project!


Well friends, I hope you've enjoyed my alternative projects!  I have a few more up my sleeve and will be posting them soon! Be sure to check back later! :-) Visit the other blogs in the hop to see even MORE creative ideas for this month's Paper Pumpkin kit! 



Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

If you're not already a subscriber, but would like to be, you can go HERE to subscribe to the monthly kit. OR, you can purchase a pre-paid number of kits.  The choice is yours! :-D

2 comments:

  1. Some fabulous ideas here, thank you for sharing.

    Here in the UK we can’t order until 3rd Nov so I’ve been stalking North American Demos unboxing videos as I count down the days till we can share that joy too. I’ve got lots of sketches for alternatives and itching to get started !

    ReplyDelete