Friday, June 4, 2021

Kits Collection Blog Hop - Sentimental Rose

Hello my friends! How are you today?  I've got some exciting news to share with you!  

Stampin' Up has just released 10 ALL-INCLUSIVE kits for us to play with!!! YAYAYAYAYA!!! For those of you who are Paper Pumpkin subscribers, you may recognize some of these kits.  We have another opportunity to purchase the ones we loved so much! 


These kits are all first come first served.  Which means, if you want one, you'll wanna get it ordered because they won't be going on backorder.  When they're no longer on our website, that means they've sold out!  


What a terrific price point too!  These are perfect for on the go crafting, or just a night in relaxing.  :-D 

Today the Crafty Collaborations Crew are doing a Kits Collection Blog Hop to show you fabulous ways you can get the most out of your kits (when you've used up all the kit contents)!  This is gonna be great!!  Alternative projects that focus on the stamp sets you'll still have, long after you've made all the cards in the kits! YAYA! 

I chose the Sentimental Rose kit because it has been one of my most FAVORITE Paper Pumpkin kits so far! It's just gorgeous!  

This kit creates NINE unique and beautiful cards PLUS a bonus acetate card box to hold them all. You can create the cards to send out on your own, or create them to give as a thoughtful gift to someone else!


Here, you can see the contents of the kit, unassembled. It's  such a fun one to do as well! I love stamping along with the pre-printed backgrounds. It's amazing how they all just come to life right before your eyes! FANTASTIC!!!


When the Paper Pumpkin version released in April 2019, I created a cute little gift box using one of the So Saffron card bases from the kit.  You can see that project and the tutorial HERE

Let me show you a close up view of the stamp set.  Lots of beautiful sentiments and that gorgeous DISTINKTIVE rose and leaf cluster too! 

Oh my! Now that I've shown you the kit, are you ready to see my alternative card? hehe


I wanted to use as few additional supplies as possible, and create something easily replicable.  

First and foremost, you can use any color your have on hand. Roses come in an assortment of colors, so go wild! I used Flirty Flamingo because I love the way it looks with the Gray Granite that was included in the kit. 


I used the Hippo and Friends dies to create the layered background shape, but you could easily use any other semi large die cut shape you have on hand. :-)  However, I do highly recommend getting the Hippo and Friends dies (as well as the Hippo Happiness stamp set) because they're absolutely AMAZING and have several shapes and sizes of labels included!


Since the stamps are photopolymer AND distINKtive, I highly recommend using a Stampin' Pierce Mat.  If you don't have one, you can use a telephone directory or some other reasonably thick soft cover book in a pinch. 

I stamped the rose (on Basic White Cardstock) three times to create the layers. The leaf clusters were stamped three times as well, in Mint Macaron Ink. 

"Thinking of You" was stamped in Gray Granite on a 2 1/2" x 1/2" piece of Basic White Cardstock. 


I fussy cut each of the roses. The largest, I cut just around the outer edges. The middle, I cut the outer petals off.  Then the smallest, I cut around only the inside petals. 


 I used Glue Dots to attach the layers because I wanted a LITTLE bit of dimension, but not as much as dimensionals would give.  The dots give just the right amount of lift to separate the layers. 

Gray Granite Roses were stamped off one time and then stamped all over the card front to create a soft background. 

The Rhinestone Basic Jewels added just a hint of sophistication and class, I think.  I love how this card turned out.  So beautiful!


I hope you enjoyed my alternative card. You can see more inspiration and ideas for getting the most out of the Kits Collection by following the hop around.  Click the links below to be taken to each of the designers. 


Do you just LOVE the new In-Colors and want to have them all?  Join my In-Color Club and get a fantastic selection of products featuring the new In-Colors, at a price that doesn't make your pocketbook scream! Now you CAN get all the things!! PLUS, get a set of the new In-Color Jewels FOR FREE!!  To get all the details and to sign up, click the image below. :-) 


Registration is NOW OPEN for an Artistically Inked Blue Ridge Stampin' Escape! JOIN ME!! Click the image below to go to the details page and to register.  It's a ton of fun you don't wanna miss out on!


To receive the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (Idea Book), click the image here to go to the request form!


Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

If you would like to purchase any of the supplies I used on today's project, simply click an image below to be taken directly to my website. Enjoy!

Product List

4 comments:

  1. I love that layered Rose so much Dana, you are so clever I'll be case-ing this one for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your alternative, Dana! Flirty Flamingo makes this beautiful rose pop. Thanks for the inspiration to play with this kit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card!! This is one of my favorite stamps, too. The colors you used are “perfectly summer”!! 😎

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card!! This is one of my favorite stamps, too. The colors you used are “perfectly summer”!! 😎

    ReplyDelete