Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Sentimental Rose - Paper Pumpkin Possibilities Blog Hop


Hello my friends!! Thank you so much for stopping by today! I've got an exciting post to share with you!  It's time for the Paper Pumpkin Possibilities Alternative Blog Hop!!!  YAYAYA!!

You all know I absolutely LOVE coming up with alternative projects for my Paper Pumpkin kits! It brings me great joy! The only thing I love more than creating them, is sharing them with you!

This month's kit was absolutely GORGEOUS to begin with.

I'm proud to present.....Sentimental Rose!


I was so excited to find that this month's kit was going to feature a distinktive stamp, for the first time ever!! If you don't know about distinktive stamps yet, boy oh boy do I have something fabulous to show you! They create the shadow, the highlight, and the background, all in ONE stamped image! INCREDIBLE!!!


Let's get to it shall we? I can't stand to wait any longer! hehe.



I just love making treat boxes out of cards!  The card base for this one wasn't as big as an A2 size, so I had to adjust my score lines just a tad.  But the concept is the same.




I scored down the two sides at 1" and did a 1" score to the RIGHT of the center fold (as shown above).   Then I scored 2 3/" to the LEFT of the center fold, from the edge to the 1" score line (on both sides). I cut that little section off in each of those two corners and then mitered my tabs and ended up with this:


I did a video on how to make the box from a card.  Use the measurements I gave above, but with the same technique as shown in the video.  :-) You can actually do this "method" with any size of paper, really. Just a minor adjustment on the "DEPTH" and "HEIGHT" measurements.


After the box is assembled, it's time to decorate it! 


I used one of the frames and the "THANK YOU" stamp to make a sentiment for my box. I REALLY am happy with the stamp set in this kit! There are TONS of fantastic sentiments that you'll be able to use alot throughout the years! 

I added some of that fabulous polka dot tulle ribbon (which I LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOOOVE) to help soften up the design a bit.  Worked like a charm! hehe. Then attached my sentiment with dimensionals.


One thing I didn't do before I assembled my box, which I really wished I had, was stamp the gorgeous flower and leaves on the top corner of the back panel.  I managed to finagle my stamps into the box to get it done, but it's not as far as I would have liked.  It's there at least. lol.  Thankfully, without having made a HUGE mess of things.  

Don't do that! lol.  Stamp it first, THEN assemble!! HAHAHA



I hope you've enjoyed today's post! I really love these little treat boxes and they're so easy to make! I hope you'll try it too!

Don't forget to follow the hop all the way around! We've got some absolutely incredible projects for you to see!!  Look for the "NEXT" pumpkin in each post, to move on to the next. :-)

Thank you so much for stopping by today! Check back soon as I'll have another post with all of my other Paper Pumpkin Alternative projects for this month! You'll love em!!!  It's all about 3D for me this month!! hehe.

Have a super fantastic day, my friends!

Until next time,
Happy Crafting!

10 comments:

  1. Super cute project and .tutorial - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your treat holder. Super cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUPER CUTE treat box! I can't wait to try it!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable treat box. What a great gift idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing how to make the treat box. Nice design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dana, this treat box is adorable! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, way to think outside the box by making a box! Video tutorial is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I love to make boxes from these card kits too, so love the treat holder!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty treat holder! Thank you for the tutorial on how you made it. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete