Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Snailed It CASE-It Wednesday

Heya friends! Today's Snailed It project comes straight from page 54 of the 2021 January to June Mini Stampin' Up Catalog.  I admire this card every time I flip past this page.  So it's only right to CASE it this week for our snail invasion!


Super cute isn't it?  I love that it can also be a FAB strip-stash buster too!  I just pulled out 1/4" and bigger strips of scrap DSP and matching cardstock (Bermuda Bay, Real Red, and Daffodil Delight) for this card.  I didn't worry too much about the widths, but I had cut them all at roughly 4" to 4 1/2". 

The card base is an 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece of Pool Party Cardstock, scored at 4 1/4".  Then it has a 4" x 5 1/4" layer of Basic White Cardstock for the front and the inside.  I embossed the outer layer piece with the Tasteful Textile 3D embossing folder.  The square stitched postage piece was die cut from the bundle's dies, as well as the snail and the hello thought bubble (from DSP). 


Creating the background piece was a lot of fun and I think it makes a terrific style for any theme too! Remember paper weaving in elementary school?  So much fun! I used Multipurpose Liquid Glue to simply tack the "over" strips as I went along. This helped hold it all together so that I could place it on the card.  The sample showed the paper strips having gaps, so that's the way I did it too.  

Once you've got all the strips woven in, trim the ends at an angle to give them a cut finished look. Be sure to stagger the angle so it doesn't look too uniform. It's all about the fun with this one!

I attached this entire piece to the front of the card with liquid glue. 

Then, I attached the postage square with dimensionals and added dimensionals to the back of the snail and "hello" bubble too. 


The card came together really quickly and is just so cute!! I love it! I can see using this layout again for something else soon!


I love all the texture this card is carrying around. Yayaya!


Did you like today's card?  Be sure to "FOLLOW" my blog to get notifications when I post a new project. Also, tune in tomorrow for another Snail invasion project! SO CUTE!

Do you just LOVE the new In-Colors and want to have them all?  Join my In-Color Club and get a fantastic selection of products featuring the new In-Colors, at a price that doesn't make your pocketbook scream! Now you CAN get all the things!! PLUS, get a set of the new In-Color Jewels FOR FREE!!  To get all the details and to sign up, click the image below. :-) 


To receive the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (Idea Book), click the image here to go to the request form!


Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

If you would like to purchase any of the supplies I used on today's project, simply click an image below to be taken directly to my website. Enjoy!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment