Thursday, June 10, 2021

OSAT Blog Hop Boys in the Hood

Good morning friends! The OSAT design team is doing a masculine themed hop this month.  The projects I chose for it is actually for Tinker Tom (aka Mr Sullivan) for Father's Day.  So hopefully he doesn't read my blog! HA!  But, as it is, I'm being sneaky about creating these projects AND about photographing to share them here with you.  SNEAK ATTACK!! hehehe! 

One of Mr Sullivan's passions is for our local Fire Department. He is a Lieutenant and is so proud to serve our community with our Volunteer Dept.  Of course, we are super proud of him too! A great many dinners interrupted and sleepless nights for us to support our beloved Firefighter!  So when I saw Miss Tami's Firefighter card made from the Suit & Tie Dies, I knew I had to case the idea.  With that being said, my disclaimer is that I am CASE-ING my card for today.  It's a terrific card and she did an awesome job designing it.  I used the same concept to create the box for Mr Sullivan's gift. He's gonna love it! And just in case he DOES read my blog, I'm not gonna share what the gift is. lol.  But I will share the box. :-D 

Ok, as I said, this is not my design.  But I think it's spectacular and absolutely perfect for my needs.  I will show you step by step how it's made. (read here, this post is photo HEAVY. lol)


Isn't it just the coolest?  I love that it looks so much like a fireman's jacket. Of course, I probably SHOULD have done Sahara Sand instead of Poppy Parade for the base of the jacket because that's what color Mr. Sully's is.  It's ok.  He'll love it anyways! 


The top of the gift box and the card front are done the same way, so I'll go right on with that.   The box is a standard two piece box in the way it's constructed.  Each of the Poppy Parade and Basic Black pieces are cut at 10 1/4" x 8" and then scored at 1 1/4" all around.  You can see in the photo above, how I miter the corners to build the box.  I like to use Multipurpose Liquid Glue for the tabs, but you could use Tear & Tape if you prefer. I just like that I have a small window of opportunity to adjust things with the liquid glue. 

After I've cut and glued each piece, I put the lid onto the base to ensure a good fit.  (That's an important step! lol)


Now comes the fun part!! :-D You can see in the photo below, all the parts and pieces you'll need to create the jacket. 

From LEFT to RIGHT:
4 buttons in Basic Black (stuck onto glue dots)
4 buckles in Basic Black (aka suspender clips)
1 little stitched strip in Poppy Parade
1 collar in Poppy Parade
2 strips of Smoky Slate cut at 1/8" x 6" 
1 Stitched Strip in Poppy Parade
2 Stitched Strips in Daffodil Delight

As you can see, only the Smoky Slate strips aren't cut from the dies. 


Ok, to start this thing, we need a piece of Poppy Parade Cardstock measuring 5 1/4" x 7 1/2". This is just 1/8" smaller on all four sides than the box top.  So, a typical first layer. For the card, you'll use a standard A2 card base and standard 4" x 5 1/4" first layer.  

Everything else for both the card and the box will be the same.

Once you have your first layer, you'll need to use that V shaped die to cut the v-neck out of that layer. 
I use washi tape to hold it centered in place so that my shirt doesn't go wonky.  "Ain't nobody wanting a wonky shirt!" lol. 

The next thing is to attach the collar.  I used Multipurpose Liquid Glue for this and all the other parts. It was just the easiest adhesive to use. 


The next step is to layer the Smoky Slate strips across the center of the Daffodil Delight stitched strips, and then adhere them to the jacket as shown.  You'll notice on the card, the stripes are a bit further down. Just a slight variation to make up for the size difference. 


The next thing to do is attach the Poppy Parade Stitched strip down the center of the jacket. 


Now trim all those ends to get them outta the way! 


Attach the little stitched strip on the right breast area. A pen loop or Handheld Radio loop. 


We've actually got two things added in this step.  The four buckles are in place, and also the little tiny buttons are added to the buckles.  Tami said it was "a lil some' some' extra".  She was right.  hehe.  


The last thing to do for the jacket is to add the "shirt" underneath.  It's a 3" x 3" square of Basic White Cardstock. I added Stampin' Seal to the bottom, left, and right edges of the White piece. And also added Stampin' Seal on each edge of the V-neck. Then lined up the top of the White piece with the top center of the jacket and stuck it to the backside of the jacket. 


You end up with a fantastic looking Firefighter's jacket! I just love it!  The only thing left to do is attach our jacket to the top of the box! I can't tell you what's inside the box just yet (for fear of ruining the surprise) but I will say that you wouldn't guess it in a million years! lol. I'll share a photo of it on Father's Day (over on my instagram)! You'll have to go check it out to see! :-D 


Well, as I said, the box and the card are done the same way (aside from the couple of little differences for size).  I really appreciate Tami for taking the time to create the card in the first place. I knew the moment I saw it that I would HAVE to make one for Mr Sully! The box was just a bonus to go with it and make a fun package for his gift! :-D 


I want to take this opportunity to THANK all those who serve our communities so selflessly and at great risk to themselves.  We are all so lucky to have you!!


I hope you enjoyed my projects! I had such a terrific time creating them! Be sure to click the "NEXT" button to visit Miss Tina's blog and see what fantastic masculine projects await you there! Hop all the way around to make sure you don't miss anything! :-D 



Do you just LOVE the new In-Colors and want to have them all?  Join my In-Color Club and get a fantastic selection of products featuring the new In-Colors, at a price that doesn't make your pocketbook scream! Now you CAN get all the things!! PLUS, get a set of the new In-Color Jewels FOR FREE!!  To get all the details and to sign up, click the image below. :-) 


Registration is NOW OPEN for an Artistically Inked Blue Ridge Stampin' Escape! JOIN ME!! Click the image below to go to the details page and to register.  It's a ton of fun you don't wanna miss out on!


To receive the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (Idea Book), click the image here to go to the request form!


Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

If you would like to purchase any of the supplies I used on today's project, simply click an image below to be taken directly to my website. Enjoy!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment