Saturday, June 26, 2021

Expressions In Color June 2021 Paper Pumpkin Alternative


It's time for the Crafty Collaborations Paper Pumpkin Blog Hop!! YAYA!! Our group of fabulous designers have created some pretty spectacular alternative projects featuring the June 2021 Paper Pumpkin Kit "Expressions In Color".  

This month's kit was extra special, not only because it's SO GORGEOUS but, because it included TWO ink spots! Customers received one of the new fabulous In-Colors "Evening Evergreen" and also one of the other set of In-Colors "BumbleBee". 


Just look at the cards made using the kit as instructed! They're so pretty! The kit makes 9 cards as shown, with 6 of them being standard A2 size cards and the other 3 being notecard size. 


My project kicks us off with a sweet card using one of the beautiful vellum flower clusters and a fun background!


To begin, I used my Dark Fresh Freesia Stampin' Blends Marker to color all over the backside of the vellum piece. Then, I used a water painter filled with 90% alcohol to brush most of it off and then patted it with a paper towel to remove most of the color. It leaves a light tint to the vellum and the darker outline around the edge. 

I used the watercolor spot stamp from the kit, with Fresh Freesia Ink on a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of Fresh Freesia Cardstock to stamp the background across the bottom corner of the paper. I just continually stamped the spot, overlapping slightly to make sure I didn't leave any gaps. 

I adhered that piece onto a 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" piece of Rich Razzleberry Cardstock and then mounted it to the front of an 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" (scored at 4 1/4") Thick Basic White card base. 

After I attached the cardstock layers to the card base, I used Stampin' Seal + to attach the vellum piece to the card base.  I absolutely LOVE that the Stampin' Seal + doesn't show through the vellum. I was able to apply it directly to the back of the vellum piece and then attach it to the card and there are no signs of the Stampin' Seal + at all! MAGIC!! 

Notice that I lined up the edges of the leaves on each side, with the edges of the stamping, to give a nice seamless look. 

"You Are Amazing" was stamped in Evening Evergreen on one of the labels from the kit, and then attached with Dimensionals overlapping the floral piece. 

I used a single glue dot balled up on the edge of the label to adhere a tiny little twine bow.  

Then, I finished off the card with a few of the sparkly sequins from the kit. 


Thanks so much for stopping by today, my friends! I hope that you enjoyed my project. Be sure to visit the other blogs listed here to see more fabulous alternative ideas to get the absolute most out of your Paper Pumpkin kits! Enjoy!

Do you just LOVE the new In-Colors and want to have them all?  Join my In-Color Club and get a fantastic selection of products featuring the new In-Colors, at a price that doesn't make your pocketbook scream! Now you CAN get all the things!! PLUS, get a set of the new In-Color Jewels FOR FREE!!  To get all the details and to sign up, click the image below. :-) 



To receive the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (Idea Book), click the image here to go to the request form!


Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

If you would like to purchase any of the supplies I used on today's project, simply click an image below to be taken directly to my website. Enjoy!

Product List

2 comments:

  1. The vellum floral element is really beautiful. I'm still playing with this k.it I do like it with the Fresh Freesia in color Great job!

    ReplyDelete