Thursday, May 16, 2019

Thoughtful Thursday


Good morning my friends!  Do you find yourself constantly hurrying from one task to another each day?  I do. I am guilty of cramming way more into my day than I have hours for.  Why do we do that to ourselves?  What is the purpose of filling every waking minute with SOME "THING" that must be done?

Today, let us take a minute to just breathe and relax..........woooooooosaaaaaaaah!  Last week, we did a little Yoga. Did you enjoy that?  Have you continued to do it? I have especially liked the spine stretches. It seems to help loosen the tension in my shoulders and back.

Rest and self-care are so important. When you take time to replenish your spirit, it allows you to serve others from the overflow. You cannot serve from an empty vessel.
-Eleanor Brown

Image result for Replenish your own cup
This concept seems kind of foreign doesn't it?  We're taught that if we worry about ourselves before anyone else, then we're selfish. But emergency personnel are taught to check their surroundings for safety BEFORE they run to an injured victim. Why is that?  Well, quite simply, it's because they're absolutely useless to that victim if they were to get hurt on the way to help. Right? Seems like a good idea.  The same is true for us and our mental safety and wellness.  When we don't take a minute to "regroup" or decompress the stressors and responsibilities of the day, we take them to bed with us and get a rough night's sleep. That leads to a long and exhausting day, which leads to another rough night's sleep, and on and on and on. Am I right? So, for today (if not every day), take a few minutes for YOU.  Find a quiet place, maybe do some of that yoga we learned last week, close your eyes and just focus on your breathing. Slow, deep breaths.  
Remember to fill your cup a bit before you start your day (each day), and you'll not only feel more relaxed and energetic, but you'll feel your interactions with others will be more enjoyable too!
If you are noticing a trend in our "Thoughtful Thursdays" so far, it's because I'm speaking to myself as well. hehe.  With our preparations for this big trip and our new "adventure" in life, I've found myself downright frazzled some days.  As I am reminding you to "ENHANCE YOUR CALM", I'm also looking inward. hehe.

Thanks so much for visiting with me today! I hope that you have a fabulous and stress free day and weekend!

Until next time,
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment