Wednesday, May 15, 2019

CASE IT Wednesday


Good morning friends!  I'm so excited today because TOMORROW my household is on its way to see our families "back home". YAYAY!! So, if you happen to notice I miss a day here or there, please don't hold it against me. hehe. I hope to be spending every waking minute with relatives. It's been a couple years since we were able to go back home, so this is going to be a fantastic journey!

I think you're going to like today's post.  This project comes from page 40 of our Annual catalog.  It could be a Birthday Card. It could be congratulations.  Who knows. You decide!  I actually received the stamp set last year at OnStage and really looked forward to using it, but then didn't exactly get around to it the way I had hoped to.  Have you ever done that?  Well, I think that's when CASE-ing a project really comes in handy. It helps to get those creative juices flowing!!


I love all the fabulous layers and texture going on with this card.  The vellum cardstock layer over the DSP is awesome and when you emboss it first.....  WOW!


The card base is a standard 8 1/2" x 5 1/2".  Then the striped DSP layer is a very tight 5 3/8" x 4 1/8".  The Vellum is 5" x 3 3/4" and was run through the big shot using the scattered sequins embossing folder.  I'll hate to see that one go. I just love it so much!


The good thing about layering something on top of vellum is that you don't have to be so strategic in hiding the adhesive. ha!  I just zipped that runner across the paper like a rebel! It's ok though, we cover it up.


Now, since this stamp set is photopolymer, you don't really HAVE to use the Stamparatus.  HOWEVER, I find with two-step stamping, it's still very nice to have that EXACT overlay. But to each their own. hehe


I took a scrap of the vellum and made my own colors out of it.  This is super easy to achieve by using our classic ink pad and daubers. I just worked some color in to the paper and heat set it.  Of course, if you're not in any kind of hurry, you can just lay it aside to dry but, who has that kind of time?!

The balloon punch comes in handy and makes quick work of our embellishments, since it cuts two at a time. A little strategic dimensional here and there and Viola! Floating balloons!  The Rhinestones add just the right touch of bling to make this card look a little bit dressed up too.

Well friends, there you have it! Quick and simple festive card able to be used for a great many distinguished occasions.


Thank you so much for stopping by today!! Have a fabulous day!

Until next time,
Happy Crafting!!

Product List

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I think so too. :-) It's nice on it's own, but it's super fabulous as a "support" set with another stamp that has a focal image. Pretty versatile set!

      Delete
  2. Pretty card! Thanks for sharing Dana

    ReplyDelete