Wednesday, May 22, 2019

CASE IT Wednesday - Country Livin'


Hey y'all!!! Today's CASE IT project is the perfect card for the musician in your life! We're going to be focused on the Country Livin' stamp set with a cameo appearance from the Broadway Birthday set. I think you're really going to like it!  I know I do.  We're also going to utilize the technique we learned yesterday! YAY!! A two-fer deal! hehe. I love it when things work out like that!


Isn't it fun?  I love it! I love the color combo too! Do you?  I'm all about that Poppy Parade/Pool Party/Whisper White combo.  It's so clean yet feisty and fun!

This card was really quick and easy to duplicate. Honestly, the most time consuming part was coloring in the guitars which, yes, you have to do by hand.  But it was nice and relaxing too. :-)


First thing you wanna do is take a piece of 3 3/4" x 5" Whisper White Cardstock and randomly stamp the guitar all over it in Early Espresso Ink.  Set this off to the side to let it dry completely before we start to color it.

Your card base will be a standard 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" of Pool Party.

You'll also use the Starburst punch to cut out of a scrap piece of the same color cardstock.

The Striped paper in the background is a piece of 3" x 5" cut from the Pool Party DSP in the paper pack.

Once you get your pieces all cut, your White paper is dry enough to color.  I used Poppy Parade, Crumb Cake, and Smoky Slate to color the guitars.


The next thing you'll need to do is cut a length of Poppy Parade striped ribbon and snake it back and forth just wider than the width of that Starburst punched piece.  You wanna make sure that the edges of it are seen on either side of the starburst. I ran a couple zips of the snail in that little center spot for the ribbon to attach.


I also went ahead and added dimensionals to the back of the starburst and attached it to the card.

Now for the fun part!! I just love embossing, don't you?


I used a small piece of Black cardstock and rubbed the Embossing Buddy over it lightly, to keep the powder from sticking everywhere.  Then, with the Versamark, I stamped Hooray and sprinkled it with the White Embossing Powder.  The heat tool does such a great job of melting the embossing powder!

I recommend letting the piece cool completely before you try to fussy cut the "HOORAY" out.  This way your piece won't crack or smudge.


And here it is!  Now, I didn't have any of the metallic thread or sequins on hand like the catalog showed. But, as you can see, those were minor details that didn't hurt the final project too bad. 

I really had a good time coloring the guitars! So nice!

As you can see from the big red line in the photo, this fantastic stamp set is getting ready to retire at the end of the month.  But, I highly recommend getting it if you don't have it already because you'll likely see that ol' truck at Christmas time and you won't wanna miss out on that!!  I love the Red Buffalo Plaid and Farmhouse Christmas stuff, and that truck works perfectly! hehe.

Plus, you can see the cowboy boots used to make the faux leather on a project here:


Miss Kelly does a great job with it doesn't she?

See! You need this set in your life! lol.

Well, friends, on that note It's time to say farewell until tomorrow!  I hope you enjoyed today's project and product showcase.

Let me know what you think of it down below.  I love to hear from you!

Until next time,
Happy Crafting!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment