Thursday, May 9, 2019

Thoughtful Thursday - Yoga


Good morning to you! I hope your week has been a fabulous one. It's almost the weekend! YAYAYA! 

In the hustle and bustle of my own world, I've realized the need for moments of calm, silent reflection.  Do you know what I mean?  This ol' world moves lightning fast most of the time, and it can be hard to catch your breath. So, let's promise each other that (at least on Thursdays) we'll come here and find solace.  Promise? 

With that in mind, welcome to our first "Thoughtful Thursday"!  Each week we'll slow down to a crawl for just a few moments, take a nice deep breath in and a slow relaxing exhale, and do a little "Yoga for the mind". 

Yoga: You know, when I was first introduced to Yoga, I had no idea how that could possibly be beneficial to your health.  Looked like just sitting in awkward positions to me.  I couldn't imagine how it was comfortable or relaxing. lol. But then, a friend of mind showed me just a few simple techniques.  LOVE!  Mind you, I'm no Yoga Queen.  You'll not find me in a handstand or any of those other intense poses. However, I believe I have discovered why Yoga is so popular.  It's because of the calming effect, the slowing of the mind. Sweet release from the chaos of our day to day lives.

So, let us spend our time together today practicing just a simple form of Yoga that you can do at your desk or in the car in front of your child's school, shall we?


How was it?  Did you enjoy it?  Was this your first experience with Yoga or are you a Yoga master?  Leave a comment down below and tell me about it!

I hope you have a super fantastic day friends!! Thanks so much for stopping by.  Don't forget to come back again next Thursday (and every weekday. hehe).  And don't forget to squeeze in some paper crafting while you're at it!

Until next time,
Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed it! I have to do my stretches everyday before I can get out of bed. Thanks Dana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent!! I need to train myself to do them more regularly too.

      Delete