Wednesday, May 8, 2019

CASE-IT Wednesday


Hello Hello!!!  Good morning friends! I'm so happy to have you here today! This week's CASE IT Wednesday project is going to showcase an extension of yesterday's technique.  We're going to be "DRY EMBOSSING" elements to this card!

We get this week's inspiration from page 164-165 of the 2018 Annual Catalog.  The "Graceful Glass" suite includes stunning products that help you create gorgeous cards and gifts with minimal effort.  I'll show you! 


Let's take a look at today's project.  I used Grey Granite Cardstock with a little strip of Basic Black and a small piece of Petal Pink for the "THANK YOU".

The Stained Glass piece is actually part of a sheet of the DSP that coordinates with this suite.  The "Graceful Glass" designer series paper is made to look like Stained Glass panels that you can color.  The vellum sheets have black embossed lines and you can use our fabulous Stampin' Blends to add all this fabulous color! When you layer a piece of Whisper White cardstock behind it, the colors spring to life! It's gorgeous!

I love the beautiful details in the background of this card too.  I cut two strips of Grey Granite cardstock (1 1/4" x 4 7/8") and using the long die strip in the Painted Glass bundle, along with the Big Shot Embossing Mats, I added the texture you see.  The Embossing Mats are absolutely a MUST HAVE for really getting the most bang for your buck when it comes to your dies! You can turn any die into an embossing piece.  It's fabulous!  So I've done that with both strips of the Grey, and then ran the black through the big shot with the die alone (without the Embossing Mats) to get the die cut piece in the center. That strip also measured 1 1/4" x 4 7/8".




I used Lovely Lipstick ink to stamp the Thank you,


and then fussy cut the banner end on the piece of Petal Pink cardstock (7/8" x 3").  I find cutting up the middle of the piece and then cutting from each corner, helps to make the banner more "centered".


To put the card together, I used liquid glue to attach the embossed and die cut pieces to the front.  When gluing delicate pieces like the black die cut one, I find it's easiest to squeeze a drop of glue onto a silicone mat and then daub it on to the back of the piece with a sponge.


Once the long panels were in place, I wrapped black cord around the card front a couple times and glued it down.

Then I used liquid glue to attach the stained glass vellum piece to the white cardstock (3 3/8" x 3 3/8").  With vellum, it's always tricky how to glue it so that the glue doesn't show through the front.  In many cases, my suggestion is to be strategic about your embellishments and things so that you can cover up glue dots or liquid glue spots.  In this case, I simply covered little sections of the piece inside the black embossed lines, so that you wouldn't notice the glue. For example, I covered the entire center circle with glue, and then the four corner sections.


I also used dimensionals to adhere the white cardstock piece to the card.

And there you have it friends, Today's Case It Project!



This card was fun to make and I loved the opportunity to bring out the "Graceful Glass" suite of products.  The vellum is beautiful, the stamps are fantastic and the dies really bring it home!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you enjoyed it. :-)

Until next time,
Happy Crafting!


Product List

2 comments:

  1. The Graceful Glass is probably one of my favorites. It was one of the first few projects we did when I first started coming to your classes & I fell in love with it then! Thank U Dana for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwe!!! I'm so glad! I've loved having you in my fabulous group of stampin' friends!

      Delete