Friday, March 1, 2019

February Paper Pumpkin Alternatives


Oh boy! Ya know, I truly LOVE my Paper Pumpkin Subscription!  It's a fantastic "retreat" in a box! For all the time I'm in the craft cave, Paper Pumpkin is just an easy, relaxing and fun "quick project" kit that never disappoints.  But the AMAZING thing about Paper Pumpkin, is that it's perfect for the BEGINNER stamper, just as much as the AVID stamper!  The kits themselves are always super easy to put together.  PP does a great job of providing simple, easy to follow instructions for each project.  But, the kit usually has some leftover "bits" PLUS a stamp set that can be used for all kinds of things.  Thus, allowing the AVID stamper's imagination to run wild with them!


Each month, I stalk my mailbox waiting for that cute little red box!  I always put together the projects as recommended first, and THEN I go on to see what else I can come up with.  You can see in previous month's blog posts, that I really enjoy this part! :-D 

This month's kit was a bit more challenging because the cards were absolutely PERFECT as they were.  I LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOOVED the stamp set too!!  It has some of the best sentiments for inspiration, love and encouragement!


The colors are rich and fabulous, the textures were off the charts and those stamps!!! OH MY GOSH!!! I can't get over them. I will likely be using them FOR-EVER!


As you can see, the kit was 9 fabulous cards (3 each of 3 designs) with envelopes.  So pretty!! And, as the mini me said "Succulents are so IN right now!".  It's SUPER impressive when the mini is excited about a kit! :-D

My alternative projects were pretty much cards as well.  Normally I do a 3d project of some sort, but I don't have one yet this time. I'm sorry for that.  I have one in the works, but it's not finished and I've been distracted.  So, it's gone into the "If I ever get back around to this" pile.  Do you have one of those?  It's a fairly small pile, because I truly dislike doing that.  But sometimes, it can't be helped.

Anywhoooooos, here are the projects I DID complete....... lol

I loved the idea of running the vellum piece (included) through the big shot with an embossing folder. I really like the texture that brings.  I also liked the clean design of the card on the left.  The white background with the stamped images looked clean and crisp to me. 

I always enjoy coloring. It's a stress reliever.  So the left side card was really fun for that.  I also cut a strip of the same DSP as the right card, for the strip along the bottom.  The right card is very similar to one of the kit projects, but I LOVE that sentiment!  What a fabulous boost of encouragement!

This one is probably my FAVORITE alternative.  It's the project I used in the Feb. Paper Pumpkin Pop Up Blog Hop post.  You can see step by step instructions for this one HERE.

It seems a lot of us had the same idea with cutting a background layer up and "TILING" the pieces onto a cardstock base.  Of course we would! It's SUPER CUTE like that!!  The card on the left is another sample that's similar to a project design.  I told ya, those cards are SERIOUSLY CUTE!!!  

With Sale-a-Bration going full throttle right now, I doubt I will get back to this kit to do more alternatives anytime soon.  I say that because March kit will be here in just a couple short weeks and I'll want to share fun alternatives with THAT kit then! lol. It's a viscious cycle. A horrible, terrible life to live. You feel sorry for me don't you? hahaha. 

I truly TRULY LOVE what I do and it's all because of you wonderful people!!  I really enjoy working with everyone and I love actually getting to know you.  :-) So please please please! leave a comment down below!  I respond to all of them as I can. 

Do you receive Paper Pumpkin?  If not, would you like to?

You have a couple of options. You can visit my Paper Pumpkin Website and sign up for a month to month subscription, OR you can order a pre-paid subscription.  As Sale-a-Bration is still in full swing, now is a FANTASTIC TIME to purchase a 3, 6 or 12 month subscription because you will get FREE Sale-a-Bration rewards with each of the 3 options!!!  WOW!!!

With the 3 month Subscription, you'll get 1 FREE Sale-a-Bration Reward
With the 6 month Subscription, you'll get 2 FREE Sale-a-Bration Rewards
But with the 12 month Subscription, you'll get not only FOUR FREE Sale-a-Bration Rewards, but  you will also receive Stampin' Rewards!!! That's another $20 worth of FREE STUFF!!! Just for signing up for Paper Pumpkin!! WOWWIE WOW WOW!!! Right?

If you'd like to sign up for the month to month Paper Pumpkin kit, you can do that here: https://www.paperpumpkin.com/en-us/sign-up/?demoid=2183779

If you'd like to purchase one of the pre-paid options and get FREE Sale-a-Bration gifts too, then click on one of the icons here:


I also have a Paper Pumpkin Groupies page on Facebook that you're welcome to join!  You can share your own Alternative Project ideas there as well as see ideas from others. :-) It's a great group to chat and share ideas!

Friends, I hope you've enjoyed today's post.  I really enjoy bringing these alternative projects to you! Thank you all so much for your love and support! It means so much to me.

Have a super fabulous day!

Until next time,
Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment