Wednesday, March 6, 2019

CASE IT Wednesday! "PRETTY KITTY"

Hello Friends! How are ya?  Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I've got a fantastic and fun new series I'm going to start doing.  Every Wednesday, we're going to have a CASE IT Wednesday.  That means I'm going to Copy And Share (E) a card or project that I see somewhere.  It may be something out of a Stampin' Up! catalog or something I see on Pinterest. Regardless of where I find the project, I will be sure to give credit where credit is due, so that you'll know who I CASE'd.

There are so many amazing designers out there and I am honored to be among them.  So, I want to share their work with you, while also getting to "just copy" someone else's amazing project! :-D

Today's card comes straight out of our Annual Catalog.  This Pretty Little Kitty is the cutest and I really enjoyed CASE-ing the design.


Page 30 in the Annual Catalog is where you'll find this adorable stamp set, along with Bella & Friends which is the Puppy version.  Both sets have super cute sentiments and incredibly adorable character stamps.

Supplies you'll need:
Card Base: 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
Card Layer: 5 1/4" x 4"
Layering Circles scallop and straight edge
White Scraps big enough to fit the dies and the sentiment.
Polka Dot Basics Embossing Folder
Stampin' Blends (I used Light Smoky Slate, Light Pool Party, Light Granny Apple Green, Light Poppy Parade, Light Highland Heather, and Light Mango Melody)
about 10" of Striped Poppy Parade ribbon
Stampin' Dimensionals


I ran the Layer through the big shot with the Polka Dot folder, and then attached it to the card base.


Next, I stamped the kitty image on a piece of white cardstock and cut it out using the layering circles dies. I also cut out a bigger scalloped circle for a mat layer.


While I was stamping and cutting, I stamped the sentiment on a little scrap strip of white and cut one end to a point.


I colored the image with Stampin' Blends and then attached it to the scalloped circle.  On the back of the scalloped circle, I put a couple strips of snail so that I could attach the ribbon.  I just snaked it back and forth across the back of the piece, and tacked it down.  Then, I used dimensionals to pop up the circles on the card. Super cute!


Last thing to do is add a little adhesive to the straight side of the sentiment strip and then attach it to the circle. Boom! Done!


As you can see from this photo, I CASEd the card pretty much exactly.  Credit for this card goes straight to Stampin' Up's design team.  They are amazing!!  And now, I have an adorable card to send to a friend! :-)

Stampin' Up! is so wonderful and generous in that they not only welcome but encourage their demonstrators and customers to CASE their ideas. This basically eliminates the "I can't do it" mindset.  So, go ahead and give it a try! Pick out a card or project that you like in the catalog and CASE IT!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope that you enjoyed this post and felt encouraged to try this project.  Just remember if you CASE something, that  you always give credit to the creator. ;-) Enjoy!

Until next time,
Happy Crafting!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment