Monday, March 4, 2019

Kylie's March International Highlights


Hello friends!  It's time for Kylie's Blog Highlights contest again!  I'm really excited to share this month's card with you.  I enjoy participating in the highlight because I absolutely love the "ENCOURAGEMENT" theme! 


Check out that sentiment!! It doesn't get much more encouraging than that does it?  I'm totally in LOVE with the "STRONG AND BEAUTIFUL" stamp set in the 2019 Occasions catalog (pg. 48).  What a GORGEOUS collection of sentiments!  From encouragement to friend to Mom, this collection of amazing and uplifting sentiments is a MUST HAVE!

Today's card is all about empowerment and knowing that YOU CAN succeed!  And THAT, my friends, is AMAZING!!

I used a bit of flirty flamingo cardstock and paired it up with some of the All My Love designer series paper.  You know how it's my favorite by now! hehe.  I roughed up the edges of both pieces. The DSP is 5 3/8" x 4 1/8", just shy of the card front which I made from Soft Sea Foam.


I embossed that gorgeous flourish (from the Beauty Abounds stamp set) in gold.  I love that set and used the dies on this card too.  It's a fabulous bundle that I find myself using quite often. It's very versatile and has some beautiful sentiments in its own rite.


I stamped the sentiment in black on Whisper White Cardstock and then cut it and a mat layer (Blackberry Bliss) using the Layering Circles dies.  The Blackberry Bliss is just a tiny accent color in the DSP background, so it fit perfectly I thought.  I used it again as a background for the butterfly I added.


I wanted just one part of that fabulous die piece.  So, I lined it up on that part & cut it out of Powder Pink and did the same with the other layer die and Blackberry Bliss.  These dies are so cool because they can literally be an entire card front, all on their own! AWESOME!! Can you say "EASY CARD"?! hehe.


To get those finely detailed butterflies glued together, I used a silicone mat and a sponge with my liquid Tombow glue.  You just squeeze a little glue on the mat and then sponge it onto the back of the detailed cut.  It helps cover all those fine lines and doesn't make a huge mess everywhere.  Then you can just wipe it right off the mat when it's dry. Easy peezy!  The trick is to hold your die cut very still!


The Beauty Abounds bundle includes these adorable little accent pieces, so naturally I had to use them too! I cut two of each.

I wanted a lot of texture and freedom on this card, so you see the distressed edges of the paper, the die cut sprigs and butterfly, the dimension between the flirty flamingo strip as well as on the sentiment piece itself.  And, there's just the right amount of "BLING" too!


I really like how this card turned out and I can't wait to send it out to someone! It's so much fun encouraging and supporting each other.  And it's something I definitely want to do more of in 2019!

Thank you so much for stopping by today and checking out my card! I hope you like it enough to VOTE for it in the contest!


You can click the button here to VOTE for my card!  I hope to see you in the March Highlights Blog Hop!! Have a fantastic day!!

Until next time,
Happy Crafting!

If you liked the products you saw me use today, you can get your own by clicking the icons here:

Product List

3 comments:

  1. Love the die cut spigs and butterfly. Gorgeous card Dana. Thanks for being part of my international highlights this month! All the best with voting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card Dana, I love those papers!

    ReplyDelete