Thursday, February 28, 2019

Geared Up Birthday Card


Good morning my friends! Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you're doing well.  Yesterday was an absolutely GORGEOUS day (amidst the WEEKS of solid RAIN and YUCK), so mini me and I went out to lunch and got our nails done.  Between our busy schedules, we don't get much "together" time that's just the two of us, so those moments are super precious.

Today, we're back to the doom and gloom of rainy weather.  It's actually caused a lot of problems around here.  There's been so much rain that it has no where to go.  So we're dealing with a lot of road blocks, flooded basements and mud everywhere! As you can imagine, we've all about had our fill of rain. 

The GOOD THING about all this rain is that it keeps me inside and in the craft cave. I do enjoy my time there, even if I am ready for warm and sunny days to come and stay for a while. hehe.

This card is a special one.  It was sent to Texas to celebrate a man's 100th Birthday!!  WOW! What an accomplishment! I hope he enjoys it. :-)

I started with a half sheet of grey granite cardstock (8 1/2" x 5 1/2") scored in half (4 1/4").  I also used a piece of Basic Grey (5 1/4" x 4" and a piece of Whisper White (5" x 3 3/4").


I used one of the Rectangle Stitched Framelits (I LOVE THOSE THINGS!!!) to cut the center out of the Basic Grey.  By now, most of you know that I really like to be frugal with my supplies.  The piece I cut out is prime real estate that would otherwise just be lost to hiding behind the white cardstock.  So, I cut it out and will save it for another project.   A wonderful thing actually happened when I did this though.  My plan was to do basic layers of Grey topped by White and then laid on the Grey Granite.  What happened though, is that I ended up using the Basic Grey as a frame OVER the Whisper White.  I really liked the way it looked!

You can see between the two photos here, how the difference looks:

Layered As Planned

Framed

Ultimately I decided that the framed look was pretty awesome, so I did that instead.  I love those happy accidents! The bonus of doing it this way, is that the fabulous stitching of the rectangle came through. :-) WIN WIN!


After I stamped the background on the white cardstock, I went ahead and attached the frame to the front.  I also did the rest of my stamping at the same time. I like getting all of my stamping out of the way at once.  I can clean my blocks and put away my stamps and ink, and it keeps my workspace tidy (which I LOVE!). 



Once I stamped everything, I used another of the stitched rectangles (tied it all in nicely) an the matching framelits from the Geared up bundle and cut everything out.


I have really enjoyed this suite of products from the 2019 Occasions catalog!  It's still available and still Sale-a-Bration, so you can get an item from the Sale-a-Bration brochure for FREE when you purchase this bundle!  You can get it HERE.

After I cut everything out, I colored the car with the Poppy Parade Stampin' Blends.  I used the red so it would go along with the gas can I cut out of the Geared Up DSP.  I put it all together and used a piece of that FANTASTIC Silver/Black Striped metallic ribbon to finish it up nicely.  I like the overall look of it! 

Now don't forget to dress up that envelope too!!  A decorated envelope = Happy Mail!!


Alrighty friends, another card on the roster and in the mail!  I hope you enjoyed today's project.  I just love the Geared Up Garage Suite!  It's one of the most fabulous masculine sets I've seen in a while. It won't be here forever though, unfortunately.  So if you like this set, you'll want to get it soon!  Get it during Sale-a-Bration and get that FREE GIFT too!!! WOOO HOOO!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today friends! I truly enjoy having you all in my life!

Have a fantastic day!

And as always,
Happy Crafting!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment