Wednesday, March 27, 2019

CASE IT Wednesday - Birthday Cupcake


Good morning friends! I hope you're all doing well today! It's time for CASE IT Wednesday!! This week's CASE project comes from a quarterly publication that Stampin' Up! demonstrators receive in the mail. It's full of fabulous techniques, ideas, business tips and more.  I found this project and new it had to be my next CASE, for two reasons: #1 - It's yet another excuse to use the Birthday Cheer Bundle (buahahaha) and #2 - it uses the Stamparatus to make that FANTASTIC background piece!!

So actually, the fact that I could use Birthday Cheer was just a happy coincidence. I was honestly more thrilled with the "step stamping" technique of the Stamparatus.  I really wanted to show this technique to you because I just knew you would love it!


In fairness, I just used Birthday Cheer to decorate the envelope and to stamp a fabulous sentiment inside the card. ;-)


I've mentioned before, how much I absolutely adore the Rectangle Stitched Framelits.  They're FANTASTIC!!!  If you don't have them in your craft room yet, you are missing out on greatness!

I cut a rectangle from this piece of pool party. I also saved that leftover piece because I saw potential for a card with it. hehe.  Waste not, want not!

Now the fun part!! I used the Stamparatus to create the repeated background on the rectangle.  Once you set it up where you want it, it's a simple matter of moving the plate down a step each time. SUPER EASY, but FABULOUS results!!




To begin with I lined up the two stamps from the Itty Bitty Birthdays set, directly on the rectangle. I closed the Stamparatus plate down to pick them up, and then inked and stamped.  After stamping the first set, I moved the plate down to the next notch. I did NOT move or touch the stamps again, except to ink them.  Leave them on the plate and just move the plate down a step each time.  Repeat that step all the way down the piece.


Since this is actually a notecard, I just used little scraps of Whisper White that I had in the bin to make the sentiment pieces.


I tied some white baker's twine around the rectangle and tied the bow at the edge.  Then I attached this layer to the card, using dimensionals.  The only thing left to do was to cut the cupcake out of the "How Sweet It Is" DSP and attach it to the card with the white scraps.


This card took no time at all and is the cutest thing!!  You could easily make a dozen of these in an hour or two!

And did I mention how cute they are?!!

Well, there you have it my friends! I hope you've enjoyed today's CASE IT project.  Sale-a-Bration is going on for only a few more days, so you can still get these products and earn a FREE stamp set or paper pack from the Sale-a-Bration brochure!  Don't miss out!  On March 31st, all those freebies go away for good. :'( Sad day!!

You can find all the products I used today, down below. Simply click on one of the photos to be taken directly to my website. :-) HAPPY DAY!!!

Thank you so much for stopping by today! I truly do enjoy your visits! Let me know in the comments below, if you CASE this project. :-) I'd love to hear from you.

Have a super fantastic day friends!

Until next time,
Happy Crafting!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment