Friday, March 8, 2019

Country Floral Colorful Card

Good Friday Morning everyone!! I hope you're all doing well today. How many of you are thrilled for the weekend?  This week has flown by, it seems.  I've been doing some "Spring cleaning", sorting, decluttering and rearranging "things" all week.  So it must be true what they say about being busy making the time go faster.  While I still have quite a bit left to do, I will be THRILLED when it's all done. :-)  Do you feel better after a good purge?  It's amazing how much "STUFF" we collect in our normal every day lives. WOWZA!

Well, among all the sorting and cleaning, I have found a little time to do some stamping too (of course).  It's good for my soul!

Today's card is one I've seen around the internet alot recently.  I knew I wanted to try it out.  I want to spend some time playing around with colors and techniques on this one and you're likely to see another post at some point soon!  I used the "COUNTRY FLORAL" embossing folder for this one.  It's one of our BRAND NEW 2nd release Sale-a-Bration items, which means you can get it for FREE with a $50 purchase!! :-D


With the incredible dynamic texture of this folder, and some Stampin' Blends, you can easily make this fabulously colorful card! It's really easy, so let's get to it.


First things first, you'll need to emboss a piece of Whisper White cardstock.  This one measures 5" x 3 3/4".


Then, use whatever markers or Stampin' Blends you have on hand to color in the flowers and leaves. It's easy to follow the raised lines of the embossing.


I brought in this sentiment from the Strong & Beautiful Stamp set out of the 2019 Occasions Catalog.  By now, you know how much I love this set!  I used one of the Stitched Rectangle Framelits to cut it out and then popped it up on dimensionals to attach to the card.


The card base is Whisper White and the background layer is one of the yellow pieces from the Gingham Gala DSP.  It's cut at 5 1/4" x 4".  I also used some of the Organdy Sale-a-Bration ribbon, which was so popular it sold out twice.  Sadly, it's no longer available.  But you could substitute the ribbon easily.


As you can see, it's a pretty simple card.  But it was so much fun to do! :-) Coloring is always fun and you should do it as often as possible!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you enjoyed this card project. Remember that Sale-a-Bration is still going on right now and you can still get this embossing folder for FREE with your $50 purchase! If you'd like to get your hands on it, check out my website HERE or one of the icons below.

Have a fantastic day everyone!!

Until next time,
Happy Crafting!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment