Tuesday, February 26, 2019

February Paper Pumpkin Pop Up Blog Hop


HELLO EVERYONE!!!  Yesterday's 1st monthly Stampers Showcase Blog Hop was a complete success, thanks to all of you!! :-) Thank you so much for checking out everyone's posts, and commenting.  It means the world to us.

Today, I'm taking us right back in to another Blog Hop.  But this one is all about Paper Pumpkin!! This is my 2nd time being in on this hop and I think it may be a monthly thing!  Everyone who knows Paper Pumpkin, knows how fantastic it is.  Alternative projects just make it that much more fabulous!!  Taking a ready made kit and turning it into whatever you want to, is exhilarating to say the least! It's so much fun coming up with new and unique ideas.  That's what this Blog Hop is all about........ Alternative Ideas!

So come along and follow the Hop all the way around and find new ways to use your Paper Pumpkin kit!

My contribution this month is a different card.  The cards in the kit (as it is) are pretty fantastic though, which made it a bit difficult to come up with some fantastic card! haha.  I totally LOVE the sentiments in this set.  They're incredible and inspirational!  So much, in fact, that my teenage daughter and I are hosting a "mom & me" card class using this kit (and some refills).  It's PERFECT for everyone, but I think it's especially important for teenagers to hear (these sentiments) now and then.


Right?  YOU are wonderful! What a fantastic sentiment!  Check out the others in the set:


All of these are pretty fantastic!

Well, let's get started on the card though, shall we?

I used Soft SeaFoam for the card base.  It worked perfectly with the succulents on the pre-printed layers.  But, I used Mint Macaron for the ink.  I find that the two colors go really well together, especially with this kit.


I love this teacup, and it's not as small as you might think.  It's a great size!


I brought out some Stampin' Blends to color it. I ended up not using the mango colors.  A big of fussy cutting on the cup finished it off perfectly.


Fresh Fig ink came in the kit and I really like the contrast in color between it and the shades of blues and greens I used.  I used Lemon Lime Twist and the Artisan Textures background stamps to add a bit of softness to the background layer on the card. For the black twine, I hate wasting by wrapping all the way around a card.  Instead I just folded a length in half that just hung off each each of the stamped layer, and then glued the tails to the backsides of that layer.  Then the Layering Squares and some Fresh Fig and Whisper White paper to create the sentiment piece. I stamped YOU directly on the Whisper White, offset and popped up the cup with dimensionals and popped up the banner layer from the kit. I added dimensionals to the back of the entire piece and attached it to the card. The card still looked just a bit drab, so I added three of the little gemstones from the kit and Viola! A fabulous card!


I am pleased with how the card turned out.  I admit, this month's kit was a bit of a challenge for me to "Think outside the box".  But I love the kit as it is, immensely! I can't wait to see (and share) what everyone else in the hop is doing for their alternative projects.  With that in mind, please click the "NEXT" button here to go on to the next blog.  Thanks so much for stopping by today!!

If you aren't already very familiar with Paper Pumpkin, it's a FABULOUS monthly subscription box that gets shipped direct to your doorstep.  It includes everything you need to create fantastic and beautiful projects!  As  you will see from this blog hop, you're not limited to just the projects the kit intends.  That's the wonderful thing about Paper Pumpkin! It's just a starting point to let your creativity flow!  How exciting?! 

The only thing BETTER than Paper Pumpkin, is getting FREE STUFF when you order Paper Pumpkin!!

You have a couple of options. You can visit my Paper Pumpkin Website and sign up for a month to month subscription, OR you can order a pre-paid subscription.  As Sale-a-Bration is still in full swing, now is a FANTASTIC TIME to purchase a 3, 6 or 12 month subscription because you will get FREE Sale-a-Bration rewards with each of the 3 options!!!  WOW!!!

With the 3 month Subscription, you'll get 1 FREE Sale-a-Bration Reward
With the 6 month Subscription, you'll get 2 FREE Sale-a-Bration Rewards
But with the 12 month Subscription, you'll get not only FOUR FREE Sale-a-Bration Rewards, but  you will also receive Stampin' Rewards!!! That's another $20 worth of FREE STUFF!!! Just for signing up for Paper Pumpkin!! WOWWIE WOW WOW!!! Right?

If you'd like to sign up for the month to month Paper Pumpkin kit, you can do that here: https://www.paperpumpkin.com/en-us/sign-up/?demoid=2183779

If you'd like to purchase one of the pre-paid options and get FREE Sale-a-Bration gifts too, then click on one of the icons here:
Product List

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you enjoyed my alternative project.  Please be sure to go on to the next blog hop and check out all the fabulous alternative projects for this month's Paper Pumpkin kit!

Have a fantastic day everyone!

Until next time,
Happy Crafting!

14 comments:

  1. I love, love, love your card. So soft looking, great color choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks tons Miss Debbi! It was such a challenge this time around! :-)

      Delete
  2. Super cute card. I was very glad to see the flower image was large enough to color. I love coloring it's so relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miss Renee! It is a great size for coloring! :-) I agree with you on coloring!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful card Dana....and how fun to host an event with your daughter....that's awesome! Thanks for hopping with us this month, we appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely card indeed. I like this stamp set a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful coloring of the teacup and succulent. You created such a soft, pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The background you created is gorgeous! I love how you colored in the tea cup! Beautiful, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dana, I love the layering and detail on your project!

    ReplyDelete