Monday, March 25, 2019

Stampers Showcase Birthday theme MARCH Blog Hop


Good morning my friends!!  WOW!!! It's already been a whole month since our first Stampers Showcase Blog Hop.  It was a raging success thanks to all of you wonderful folks!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for being so good to us!

This month's theme is all about Birthdays.  We have them every year.  We celebrate dozens every month, for friends family and co-workers.  It's a great idea to always have Birthday cards and treat packaging on hand and ready to go at a moment's notice.

Well, the Stampers Showcase is here to help you come up with some amazing ideas!  These folks are INCREDIBLE crafters with off the chart ideas!! Be sure to follow the hop all the way around to see each of the projects designed for you. :-)

It's no secret that I LOVE this adorable little "BIRTHDAY CHEER" stamp and die bundle from the 2019 Occasions Catalog.  It's SO STINKIN' CUTE!! And very versatile too!  You can easily change it from masculine to feminine to child simply by changing the colors you use. That's awesome!

And for at least a few more days, Sale-a-Bration is still going on and you can still earn FREE stamp sets with your $50 purchase. :-D
 Let's get to it, shall we?


Yes, it's true! I love love LOOOOOOOOVE the Birthday Cheer Bundle!  This might be my 3rd card on the blog! haha. It's ok.  It's a great set! hehe.


Ok, so I started out with a half sheet of Granny Apple Green Cardstock (8 1/2" x 5 1/2" scored at 4 1/4").  Then I layered on a piece of Whisper White Cardstock (5 1/4" x 4").

The Granny Apple Green layer is 3 1/2" x 2 1/2" and the top Whisper White layer is 3 3/8" x 2 3/8".


I used the Balmy Blue ink first, and stamped that cute little confetti background all over the smaller white piece.


Then, I used the Night of Navy over top of it with "HAPPY BIRTHDAY".  I just did this "freehand" so to speak.


I used a scrap piece of paper for the little present.  After I colored it in, I used Wink of Stella to give the heart some sparkle. :-)


I attached the stamped layer to the Granny Apple with snail, but I popped up that whole piece with dimensionals. If you wanna make your card "WOW", you DEFINITELY want dimensionals. They take a plain ol' plain card and make it interesting!  I found a scrap of Granny Apple Green cardstock (yes, THIS is why I keep all those leftover pieces) and cut out the rectangle using the stitched rectangle framelits. I love the framelits! They're awesome!


You can see the Birthday framelit die cut in this photo.  It was cut from a scrap of Night of Navy Cardstock.  Then, I just colored in the white spaces behind it. Super simple. I love this technique because it looks more complicated than it is. :-) And, any chance to use the Stampin' Blends is good!


The only thing left to finish it off was to stamp "For Your Birthday".  I really enjoyed making this card and I hope you enjoyed seeing how I did it. :-)

Thank you so much for spending time with me today. I look forward to our visits!

I hope you'll follow the hop around and check out all the other super fantastic BIRTHDAY projects waiting in store for you! Click the "NEXT BLOG" image to be taken to Miss Deb Naylor's Birthday project.

Have a fantastic day friends!

And as always,
Happy Crafting!



Product List

18 comments:

  1. Such a cute card Dana :-) love those colors

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your card, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an awesome card. Love the bright, happy colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is too cute! Love the fun colors and design. Thanks so much for inviting me to hop with you all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous job girl and with one of my FAVE sets!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your bright colors Dana. Very clever to color in the presents as you did.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunning card Dana, loving the bright colours x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this Dana. A fun card with great colours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant card Dana, so bright and happy. thanks for the inspiration. x

    ReplyDelete