Wednesday, March 13, 2019

CASE IT Wednesday! Varied Vases

Good morning everyone!!! I hope you're all doing well on this fabulous Wednesday morning! Today is shaping up to be another crazy busy day.  It's rained already (surprise, surprise), I've got a couple of meetings today, and my husband is in the other room sawing a hole in the wall!!  If that sounds a bit dramatic, it's only because I'm a little nervous for the size of hole he's cutting. lol.  You could fit a person in it!  He knows what he's doing. It's just skeeerrryy!! haha

So, I'm going to try and focus on sharing today's CASE IT Wednesday card with you, to take my mind off that sound of destruction. ha!!

I actually really love today's card! There's tons of texture, beautiful colors and my current favorite ribbon (the White Polka dot Tulle).  


I changed up the embossing folder and replaced the glitter enamel dots with Rhinestones AND flip flopped the leaf, but otherwise they're basically the same. 


I chose to use the DOT TO DOT embossing folder for two reasons: #1-It's NEW in the 2019 Occasions catalog and I'm all about trying to use my new stuff #2 - I liked the broken up lines a bit better than the straight lines of the Striped Scallops folder.  Both are fabulous though, and for that matter you could use any or no folder at all!


Here's a useful tip when working with punches that punch out several different images at once.  Take a piece of scrap paper and just punch everything out.  Then, use that as a guide for where to stamp the images you want.  As you can see in this photo, all of the vases are in different colors along with the flower and leaf and I punched them all out at once. :-) It's an incredible time and supply saver!! And then, If you wanted to, you could save that piece of paper in the stamp case with the coordinating stamps.  That way, you have it for the next time. MIND BLOWN right?!  I loved this idea!!



The stems to the flowers had to be stamped directly onto the layer, so I used the vase to figure out placement.  Once I had it sat where I wanted it to be, I could determine where those stems needed to be.  


I stamped the hello directly on the Whisper White layer as well and put the flowers and vase all up with the dimensionals.  I love dimensionals!! I glued the Pink layer directly to the card base, folded the ribbon on top of that layer and glued it down and then sandwiched it with the white layer (popped up with dimensionals).  The last thing to do was add the bling! 


This is such a pretty bundle.  And it's easy to manipulate it to just about any occasion you may need. :-) I'm really enjoying this series and I hope you are too!  If you have the ability to, I highly recommend CASE-ing the catalog as well.  The designers are incredible and it's fabulous to have these beautiful cards on hand for occasions.

Well, that's all for today my friends! I hope you like this project and CASE your own too (or case this one that was cased from the catalog! lol).

Until next time,
Happy Crafting!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment