Friday, March 29, 2019

March Paper Pumpkin Alternatives - "Poppin' Birthday"


Good morning friends! How are you this fine spring day?  Yesterday was absolutely GORGEOUS and I'm hoping for a repeat today. :-D

Oh boy do I have an exciting post for you this Friday!  It's time to share my alternative projects for the MARCH Paper Pumpkin Kit "Poppin' Birthday". YAYAYAYAYA!!!  This was Paper Pumpkin's 6th birthday kit, and it did NOT disappoint!  I am over the moon by the stamps that we received.  First off; we received not only the set for the kit, but we also received an ADDITIONAL coordinating stamp set that's big like a standard size stamp set! WOWZA!




Aren't the stamps FANTASTIC?!!! I LOVE EM! I can already tell that I'll be getting tons and tons of future use out of these. :-) They're awesome!

The projects for this month's kit were pretty fantastic too!  8 pop up Birthday Cards with coordinating envelopes (as seen in the header photo).  And, true to Paper Pumpkin form, we received enough supplies to make our cards and still have some left over to play with!


Of course, I don't typically use all the supplies to create all the projects.  I like to make one like the kit suggests and then use the rest to play with for alternatives! YAY!  With Sale-a-Bration in it's final days, I haven't had as much time to really go crazy with the Alternatives like I want, but I do have a handful here to share with you today. I hope you enjoy them!


I'll kick it off with this fantastic pizza box FULL of fabulous little 3x3" cards.  I had so much fun coming up with each of them.  Every one is totally unique, but they all have just a hint of Wink of Stella on them. Gotta have a lil bling! Am I right?


This one is going to be a little gift box for our "little" girl who will be 15 next month.  I did an entire blog post on how to create this one, just the other day.  You can see it HERE.  It's only a couple inches tall, but is SO STINKIN' CUTE!!!


Here, I used the flap from one of the envelopes to get the striped layer.  I stamped a couple of balloons and then used our Balloon punch to cut them out.  The stamp is just a tiny bit larger than the small balloon on the punch, but it does a great job anyway.  Then, I just glued the tiny bows and strings on with a mini glue dot.



This little box is TINY, but it's super cute! It could hold a little Birthday note, or some M&Ms or skittles.  It was made from half of one of the card bases in the kit. That left the other half for me to use elsewhere! :-D





I really enjoyed making this card.  I love the look of all the numbers stamped randomly on the card, and then the birthday girl's number as the focus in Gorgeous Grape.  The striped ribbon helped tie it in too, I think.

 

This fantastic little treat holder will carry TWO Ghiradelli chocolates perfectly.  Notice, I used the other half of that card base for this project. I really like being able to take the supplies we get from the kit, and using them the way I want so that I can get the most use out of the entire kit!


For this card, I used one of the inserts as directed. So the inside pops up like the kit projects.  I took half of the other design of card base and cut it down a bit to make it a layer for the front of this one.  Then I cut a section off of the banner to make it shorter. You can see that I used the larger balloon, from the punch, on this one.  I brought in some of the reversible Coastal Cabana/ Granny Apple Green ribbon and then stamped Happy Birthday on the bottom corner.

So far, I've made the 2 samples as indicated for the kit, 3 standard size cards, 3 boxes, and a pizza box with 8 3x3" cards inside, and I STILL have TONS of supplies left to use! That's incredible!!!

Paper Pumpkin truly is an amazing program!  You get a different project kit each and every month, they're all incredible, and they're all inclusive.  This means that every single thing you need, to complete the included project, is IN the box!! AWESOME!!!

If you're already one of my Paper Pumpkin Subscribers, YAY!! Thank you so much!  If you're local to me, I hope to see you at the next Groupies gathering. :-)

If you're not already a subscriber, you should be!  You're missing out and we don't want that! You can sign up a couple of different ways.  One way, is to sign up for the month to month program kit.  It costs $19.95/Month (plus tax) and gets shipped directly to your door.  You can do that here:


OR, you can get a discount for Pre-Purchasing a 3, 6 or 12 month subscription here:


Because Sale-a-Bration is still going on (through the end of the month), you will also earn FREE items when you purchase a Pre-Paid Subscription! YAYAY!  Everyone loves FREE, right?

Well friends, I leave you here.  I hope you've enjoyed today's post.  I hope it's enticed you to come up with your own alternative projects if you get Paper Pumpkin, or that it's enticed you to subscribe if you don't already. :-D Either way, I hope it was good for you!

Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a fantastic day and a wonderful weekend!!  See you next week!

Until next time,
Happy Crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment