Wednesday, March 20, 2019

CASE IT Wednesday - Abstract Impressions

Good morning friends!!! It's time for CASE IT Wednesday, again!  Ya know, Stampin' Up's catalog is an amazing resource for project ideas.  If you don't have one (physically, in your hands) you need one!  Comment below or email me to request one. I'd be happy to send one out to you (If you live in the USA that is).

Every Wednesday I'm CASE-ing a project (Copy And Share Everything) from the Stampin' Up! 2018 Annual Catalog.  With Sale-a-Bration going on, it's easy to forget about the incredible products we still have available in the Annual catalog.  So, this is my way of sharing some of my favorites with you!

Today's CASE IT Wednesday is all about the Garden Impressions suite, and the Abstract Impressions stamp and die bundle.  What a beautiful collection of SPRING LIKE florals! LOVE IT!! The die set is absolutely amazing! I love the Butterfly and the gorgeous floral piece!

Take a look at this one.....


Let's get to the project, shall we?


You'll need:
* The Abstract Impressions bundle
* Garden Impressions DSP (Designer Series Paper) (5 1/2" x 4")
* Melon Mambo Ink
* Crushed Curry Ink
* Night of Navy Baker's Twine
* Melon Mambo Cardstock (8 1/2" x 5 1/2")
* Whisper White Cardstock (2 3/8" x 3 3/8")
* Crushed Curry Cardstock


First use that gorgeous floral corner die to create a layer piece. SO PRETTY!!


This die brush makes easy work of weeding out tiny little pieces from intricate dies.  It's a must have and cuts your work time (easily) in half!


I used the "STAMPING OFF" technique to get lighter shades of the same colors.  So first off I used the little flower circles and stamped them off TWICE before stamping the background on the Whisper White cardstock.  Then, I used the long swipe stamp and stamped it off one time before stamping onto the cardstock (for each color).  I stamped THANK YOU directly onto the cardstock, full strength.

This technique is fantastic because it gives you a wonderful range of color from the same ONE ink pad! It's awesome!


You know how I love being thrifty!  I use my Rectangle stitched framelits most often for cutting the middles out of my layer pieces. lol. Noone will see the big gaping hole and you now have a piece to use elsewhere. :-)


I cut a corner off of the die cut piece so that it fit better on my card. Of course, I'll save that little piece to put on something else later! hehe.

Let's assemble.....


The best way to adhere fine detailed die cuts is by using liquid glue, a sponge, and our silicone mat.  You just squeeze a little drop of glue onto the corner of the mat, dab the sponge into it and then sponge it around on the backside of the die cut. The trick is to make sure you don't let the die cut slide around and that you hold it down tight.  Then it's a sticker, and you only need to put it where you want!

So I've laid down the DSP on the card front, and then layered the die cut piece, then put down the stamped top layer.  For the bow, I simply tied a bow off the spool and adhered it to the card with a glue dot.

There you have it friends! I really enjoyed making this card and I hope you try it too.  A wonderful thing about CASE-ing the catalog is that it usually sparks some creativity to come up with your own designs as well!  I mean, you fell in love with that stamp set somehow, right?  The worst thing we can do is hoard our products and not use them.  So I challenge you to get out a set you've not yet inked up and CASE the catalog with it.  Who knows, you may get inspired to create an entire line of projects!!


Thanks so much for visiting with me today! I hope you liked today's project and feel inspired to CASE your own. :-)

Have a super fabulous day everyone!!

Until next time,
Happy Crafting!
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment