Thursday, March 12, 2020

OSAT Blog Hop Chick Ewe Out

Good morning my friends! I've got my coffee in hand and I'm ready to start my day! Ya know, I just love participating in Blog Hops. I enjoy seeing everyone's projects and it's just so much fun!

Today, we're hopping with the One Stamp At A Time or OSAT Blog Hop.  This one is fantastic because each blog will have a card and "something else", whether it be a tag, bag or gift box. SO MUCH FUN!!!

I have a little man's Birthday Party to attend this weekend, so I thought it would be perfect to share the card and little treat that I made for him.  I think he's really gonna like it and I hope you do too!


I can't even believe that I wasn't too fond of these adorable little guys the first time I saw em.  I thought "I don't need something so juvenile.  I would never use them".  BOY WAS I WRONG!!!  And, I'm so glad I was! The little critters in the Bonanza Buddies stamp set are just as cute as they can be, AND work really well for grown up projects too!

The base of both projects is Daffodil Delight.  It goes very well with the bright celebration paper in the Birthday Bonanza product suite.  I also used Pumpkin Pie for the scalloped circle layers behind the sentiments. And, I used Call Me Clover for the banner on the card and the ribbon on the treat holder.


For the card,

I used an 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" Daffodil Card Base (scored on the long side at 4 1/4").

The Blueberry Bushel strip is 2 1/2" x 5 3/8", then the layer of DSP on top of that is 2 3/8" x 5 1/4".

Even though the dies will cut some of these characters from the Designer Series Paper, I just stamped these ones and die cut them out. I absolutely LOVE that I have the option with this set.  SO STINKIN' CUTE!!

I used the Layering Circles dies for the sentiment piece, and that banner is a die cut from the Bonanza Buddies set.

As you can see, I used a LOT of dimensionals on the front of this card!! I'm all about texture and depth!

There's a 4" x 5 1/4" panel of Whisper White inside for me to write a Happy Birthday note.

I used a 1/2" x 4" strip of the same DSP from the front, and applied it across the bottom of that inside panel, to bring in some of that fun Party vibe!


When I saw these Little Debbie Cakes in the store, I KNEW I had to create a treat holder for them!  This is what I came up with.  I love it, and it's perfect for this project too!

Here's the template to create the base itself:


You'll see that it starts with a 3 3/8" x 10" base.  Again, I used Daffodil Delight.

The dimensions for the Designer Series Paper are on the template, as well as a note about using the Tag Topper Punch to shape the top of the holder.

I wanted to make this treat holder easy to replicate, so with the help of the template and this video, you should have no trouble.

 

I had so much fun creating the treat holder and the coordinating Birthday Card! And, I can't wait to give them to our little friend for his birthday!

Hit that next button to be taken to the next blog along the hop!  Be sure to follow the hop all the way around to see all of the fabulous projects!

Well, I hope you enjoyed today's projects and the fabulous OSAT blog hop!  Please subscribe to my youtube channel if you haven't already and don't forget to click the little notification bell to know when I post new videos (Typically every Monday, and occasionally in between).

Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

With Sale-a-Bration still going strong, you can get FREE products when you order some of the supplies I used for today's projects. Click any of the images below to be taken directly to my website.  I would love to be your Stampin' Up Demonstrator!

Product List

6 comments:

  1. These are such fun. I love the Birthday Bonanza Suite!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an adorable card and treat holder. I love how the Call Me Clover pops against the other colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These little guys are adorable Dana! Love your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun projects. I do so love this suite of products and I love what you've done with it too xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE these little guys! Cute projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute projects! I have been on the fence with this set, too!

    ReplyDelete