Thursday, March 26, 2020

March Paper Pumpkin and Alternatives

Good morning my friends!  I have been selfishly hoarding my Paper Pumpkin Alternative projects from you, it seems.  Not deliberately, of course! I would never MEAN to do that to you! lol.  But I've been sharing all sorts of other projects with you lately, that I haven't "worked them in".

That being said, never fear! Paper Pumpkin time is HERE!! :-D


This month's kit was absolutely AMAZING!!! Paper Pumpkin really did a fantastic job to celebrate their 7th birthday!

The kit included TWO stamp sets (one for the kit and one as a "birthday gift" to subscribers), and supplies to create 12 of the sweetest cards you've ever seen!


The cards themselves were super adorable, but the ALTERNATIVES are FANTASTIC!!! I really enjoyed working with this kit!!


This little treat box was a lot of fun to create. As you can see, I used one of the boots die cuts, a Petal Pink label, a couple of those sweet hearts, and the inside of one of the Petal Pink envelopes. 


For this card, I used the notecard front from the kit, some of the Pleased As Punch Designer Series Paper (from the Coordinations products), and used the BACK of the notecard to die cut the circle for the sentiment (which comes from the "Under My Umbrella" stamp set in the spring 2020 Mini Catalog).  I used Crushed Curry for the scalloped layer.


Calypso Coral is the color I used for the first layer and the Label Me Pretty punched layer here.  I stamped the rain boots and made a mask using a post-it note, so that I could add dimension with the clouds.  I used Pool Party ink and a sponge dauber to create the light background.


This card is fun because I used the negative space left after punching out all the labels.  I masked off the other areas and used Pool Party ink and a sponge dauber to create the banners in the background.  Grapefruit Grove is the background layer. 


I really enjoyed creating this one.  To me, that front porch didn't really seem to go with the other stamps. It was sort of, on its own.  So I wanted to create a card featuring that stamp.  Lil Miss actually colored the porch scene after I stamped it on Watercolor Paper for her.  The So Saffron striped background actually came from one of the envelopes that I disassembled.  The card base is Pear Pizzazz, and I just used Versamark ink to stamp the background with the flower cluster stamp.  A little "roughing up" of the striped layer added just the right amount of texture and dimension to finish the card off nicely!


I'm sharing this one with you because I've heard a couple of people mention the smaller note card size to the kit.  While note cards can be mailed through the postal service without any issue, I wanted to show how easy it is to convert them to a full size card.  In this case, I simply separated the front and back of the note card and decorated it the same way as instructed.  Then, I layered a piece of 3 3/4" x 5 1/4" Basic Black cardstock behind it, and attached the entire piece to a standard 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" (scored at 4 1/4") Smoky Slate card base.  And, just like that, our note card is now a full sized card without having to "design" anything. 


Well friends, I think you've got several alternative projects to wet your whistle for now.  There will be a few more Paper Pumpkin posts for you later this week.  I'll be posting another alternative project later today, inspired by my beautiful friend Jessica.  I posted a Youtube video sharing how to create it.  So be sure to check it out. :-)

The suggested colors that match this month's kit are here.  Just pull out these colors and start playing with your kit! You'll come up with your own alternatives in no time!



Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment