Friday, February 8, 2019

You make me Happy (Pretty Kitty)

Heya friends! Happy Friday!! Do you have fabulous plans for the weekend?  Depending on the weather, we have a few projects in line to do.  What's up with this crazy weather anyways?!  The whole first part of this week was like early summer (low-mid 70's) and now tonight we're back down to 37!!!  HOLY MACKEREL!!! I don't particularly care for the cold, but I REALLY don't care for this back and forth. It's like Mother nature just went "PSYCH!!!"  Yikes!  Well, it was nice while it lasted at least.  You can tell everyone is getting tired of winter already too.  The car washes were PACKED!!! hahahaha!! The ol' groundhog didn't see his shadow this year, so hopefully we'll have those warmer temps again very soon! I'm certainly ready for warmer weather!

Today's project has a warm and cozy feeling at least.  With the beautiful Petal Pink and the sweet little kitty, I can almost feel springtime coming back!   Even though I used the Big Shot and Layering Circles dies for this project, I would still consider it a pretty simple card.  


I used a Petal Pink card base measured at 4 1/4" x 11", then added a Sahara Sand layer measured at 4" x 5 1/4". I originally cut a piece of the Floral Romance DSP at 3 3/4" x 5", but then tore the bottom third or so off.  It gives the card just a little bit of interest, I think.


I stamped the kitty in Basic Grey ink.  I knew I wanted to use Stampin' Blends to color her in, and Smoky Slate & Petal Pink did a great job.  Lovely Lipstick was perfect for her tongue and bow.


I love using the layering framelits sets!  They have so many different sizes and work well on a wide variety of projects. I can really get my money's worth out of them.  They're easily my favorite framelits in our collection!


As I was putting the card together, I came across a bit of retired ruffled ribbon.  I liked how well it went together, so I used it even though......


The last thing to do is add the sentiment.  I actually did this in Tuxedo Black Memento ink instead of the Basic Grey.  It was a bit more bold against the Sahara Sand background.


I used dimensionals to attach the scalloped circle and kitty to the card.  I do like texture and dimension afterall. :-)

I hope you liked today's project!  Please leave a comment below and let me know what you think.  Do you like the Pretty Kitty set?  It's so cute and has some really adorable sentiments with it too!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today. I truly hope you enjoyed your visit!

Have a fantastic day my friends!

Until next time,
Happy Crafting!

If you'd like to order any of the supplies I used today (except for that ribbon. Sorry friends!), please click on one of the icons listed here. They'll take you directly to my webstore!  Remember that Sale-a-Bration is still on so you can earn FREE products with every $50 purchase!! Yayaya!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment