Monday, February 18, 2019

Thinking of You by the Bay

Good morning friends!  I hope today is finding you well! Today's card is a quick and simple Thinking of you card.  I used one of our current Sale-a-Bration stamp sets for this card.  It's called "BY THE BAY".  It's FREE with  your $50 purchase, now through the end of March!  We can all use this sort of card to have on hand at a moment's notice. It's good to make a few up ahead of time.  So, let me show you what I've done!


I started with a Mossy Meadow card base cut at 8 1/2" x 5 1/2".  I added a layer of Very Vanilla measuring 5 1/4" x 4".


The image you see here is actually two stamps that I've placed side by side.  I originally thought of adding a splash of color, but then liked the simplicity of it as it is.  Of course, you could add some color if you like. It would be pretty either way. :-)

I stamped "THINKING OF  YOU" on Very Vanilla and then trimmed it down to just a bit larger all around.  The Mossy Meadow layer behind that is just 1/4" bigger on both sides to make a nice mat layer.  I used dimensionals to raise it off the card a bit.


I love this Copper Trim!  It's so neat how you can use it "as is" like a ribbon, or you can stretch it out to make a nice mesh texture piece.  You can see both in this photo.  I liked how the copper mesh behind the sentiment gave the card just a bit more texture and color.  Just a couple small strips of snail will adhere the mesh.  The dimensionals on the back of the layered piece will stick to the mesh.  I used a single glue dot to attach the bow, but you could use a touch of liquid glue if you wanted.

The card is simple, but pretty.


As you can see, the card doesn't require a lot of time.  It can easily be duplicated multiple times in just a few minutes, so that you'll have some cards on hand when you need them.  :-D

I hope that you've enjoyed today's card project!  Please "FOLLOW" my blog so you don't miss the next post. And, leave a comment below letting me know if you like to send cards just because.  I love hearing from you!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope to see you again next time.  Have a great day!

As always,
Happy Crafting!

If you'd like to purchase any of the items you see here, simply click on the icons to take you directly to my website: 


Product List

2 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! So easy and beautiful for many occasions ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! I love the copper trim!

    ReplyDelete