Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Valentine Conversation Candy Treat Box

Good morning friends!!! I hope that you're doing well today! It's a beautiful sunny, BRISK day here in East TN. I'm clinging to the sunshine like a lifeline in sheer desperation for warmer weather at this point. lol. I'm SO READY for that!! Winter was fun, but now I'm ready to be able to play outside! hehe. Today's project is actually Monday's "Make it Monday Video" project. I thought I had posted it yesterday, but I didn't. I'm so sorry for that!


I just love that the box is a miniature version of the traditional conversations hearts candy box.  This one will hold some, but it's perfectly suited for a couple of hershey's mini bars!  


Project Instructions:

  1. Begin with a piece of cardstock cut at 5 7/8" x 5 1/2"
    Then using your score board, make the following lines....
    On the LONG SIDE:
    Score at 3/8", 2 3/4", 3 1/8", 5 1/2"
    On the SHORT SIDE:
    Score at 5/8", 1", 4 1/2", 4 7/8"
  2. Next, use the template as a guide to cut away the excess bits of paper.
  3. Miter all of the remaining tabs and corners.
  4. Now is the time to cut the window out of your box (IF you want one). You can use any shape, size or placement you want, as long as it's done within the parameters of that rectangle space made by the score lines. See the template for placement. 
  5. The template mentions an acetate sheet size.  This size will work for whatever window you cut, because it's the size of the whole inside of that panel.  So it doesn't matter what you cut your window with or what size, this size of acetate piece is what you want.
  6. Embellish as desired!
    I used the Meant to Be Bundle for my box. I love the colors, textures and layers.
    Make it your own and do whatever you like here!
    Please join my Stampin' Chic Facebook Group and share your projects with me there. I would love to see!!
Watch the video here to see how to assemble the box if you're more of a visual person, like me. :-)


Thank you so so much for stopping by today! I sure hope you enjoyed today's project! I think I'm going to go play around with this and make some up for different occasions! I have a Birthday one in mind!!! :-)

Have a super fantastic day everyone!!

Until next time,
Happy Crafting!

If you'd like to purchase any of the products I used today, just click on the image Icon here to be taken directly to my website.  Remember that Sale-a-Bration is still going on and you can earn FREE Stamp sets with every $50 you order! WOWZA!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment