Wednesday, February 20, 2019

3 pc Hershey Nugget Treat Box

Good morning my friends!  Today is a GLORIOUS day! I hope it is for you as well. :-D

I have a fantastic project to share with you today, so let's get started!


I love how simple and easy this little treat box is to put together.  They make fantastic gifts!

What you'll need:
* 5 1/4" x 6" Cardstock (or DSP) for box itself
* 1/2" x 5 1/2" Strip of Cardstock for the belly band
* 3 - 1" x 3" Strips of DSP for nugget wrappers
* Supplies for embellishments (I used scraps of paper to stamp flower and greenery, and clear rhinestones)

You'll also need your score board and adhesives.


First thing to do is stamp your cardstock (if you're going to) and then score the lines.


On the LONG SIDE:
Score at 3/4", 1 1/2", 4 1/2", and 5 1/4"

On the SHORT SIDE:
Score at 3/4", 2 1/4", 3", and 4 1/2"

Now that you've done that, you're going to cut a little bit away.


Cut between the "squares" and the "rectangles" as shown.  Remove the first square on all four square sections (they're the ones that are raised in the photo above).


In this photo, you'll see the four squares removed as well as the TWO sections on either side (after the last squares).


Next, miter each edge of the four remaining squares.



You will end up with something like this. Round the two corners of the long section and you're ready to assemble your box.



You'll want to put adhesive on the inside of those flaps (shown in these photos), and then tuck the tabs together and fold the flap over them to "lock" them in.  The video here will show you how to assemble the box.


Wrap the belly band around the box and then crease the edges to make it look more finished.  Then use liquid glue to attach it.


Embellish as desired. :-) I used the Painted Seasons stamp & die set to create my decorative pieces.  You can get the stamps and Designer Series Paper right now as a FREE Sale-a-Bration item.  The dies will be available for purchase in a couple weeks (March 1st-31st).




I glued the pieces together how I wanted them, and then glued the entire piece to the seam of the belly band.  This gives the over all project a fabulously finished look.



Just a little bling and you're done!



I truly hope you've enjoyed today's post. I had a fantastic time with this box.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Please FOLLOW my blog so you'll be notified of the next one.  And SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube channel so you know every time I have a new video!

Have a fabulous day everyone!

Until next time,
Happy Crafting!


If you'd like to get you hands on the products I used on today's project, please click an icon below and be taken directly to my website. :-)

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment