Friday, February 1, 2019

Butterflies, Flying

Good morning friends! I hope this finds you doing well today.  The roosters are crowing, and the sun is peeking over the top of the ridge.  It's a beautiful brisk morning here in East TN!

Today's card may be wishing for spring to hurry and get here.  Thirty-some days can't move fast enough! I don't care for the cold AT ALL! I'm ready for warmer weather for sure.


I used a little strip from the Needlepoint Nook Designer Series Paper, out of the 2019 Occasions catalog.  This paper is GORGEOUS and has such fine stitching detail!


I mean, look at it.  It's GORGEOUS!! I've already used up two packages of it.  It really is a beautiful paper!  You can still get your hands on some too!  I'll have a supply list down below. ;-)

Ok, back to the card! I started with a Night of Navy card base, and then put the strip of DSP.  Next I stamped the big and little butterflies.  The Butterfly Gala Stamp and Punch Bundle are fantastic because you stamp both at once and can two step stamp the color on. There are a few different line patterns to choose from and all are beautiful!


And that punch lines up wonderfully too! It's very easy to create beautiful butterflies.


After I punched out the butterflies, I wanted to give them dimension.  A simple little flick of the bone folder sets their wings in motion!


Next I stamped my sentiment and then used the Layering Circles Framelits to create the layered piece.


I love that! "The good things in life are better with you".  So sweet!

Finally, I used dimensionals to pop everything up off the card and give the butterflies some lift.  I really like how the card came together and another "simple" project in the books.


Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you are warm and cozy in your part of the world. Please come back and see me again soon. And, leave a comment down below telling me how you like the butterflies.  Are you a butterfly person?  I'd love to hear from you!

Have a wonderful day, friends!

Until next time,
Happy Crafting!

Click any of the images here, to be taken to my website where you can order supplies to make your own butterfly card:

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment