Monday, February 25, 2019

Stampers Showcase Blog Hop!!


Good morning friends!! I am so happy to have you here today.  I have an exciting blog hop to share with you.  I have invited some of my friends and fabulous Stampin' Up! demos to join me in a fun hop.  This hop will happen the last Monday of each month and will have a different "THEME" each time.  This month's theme is "THANKS".  You will see a great many fabulous projects along the way, but they will all carry this same theme.  And, what a wonderful topic to start us off with right? :-D

My project for our hop is going to be this fantastic little treat package! I just love it. It'll hold TWO miniature Hershey bars, which makes it just the right size! hehe.  Of course you could also put a plethora of other treats and gifts in it. And, the size is easily adjusted for what you need.


For this size, we'll start with a 5 1/2" x 5 1/4" piece of cardstock or DSP (designer series paper).  This will be the base of your package, so use whatever you'll want for this.  I used the fabulous Gingham Gala DSP from the Occasions 2019 catalog.

I used the Stitched all Around bundle for this project because it has that adorable Thank You stamp and the decorative circle die that makes quick and easy work of decorating the treat package.  It only LOOKS like you worked hard. hehe.  I wanted to keep it monochromatic so I used Highland Heather ink, cardstock and sheer ribbon (from the 2019 Sale-a-Bration brochure).


I stamped the image on whisper white cardstock and then cut it with the framelit, to begin with. 


While I was die cutting, I went ahead and used one of my layering circles to cut a Highland Heather background piece for our tag. 


I put a strip of Tear & Tape along the edge of the LONG SIDE of the Gingham Gala DSP.  I burnished it down really good and then made a tube of the paper, attaching the opposite edge to the Tear & Tape.  Next, I kinda squeezed the tube flat just a bit so that I could slide it under the punch on the Envelope Punch Board.  As you can see here, I lined up the edge on the 1" mark and punched a notch out on all four corners.  This makes a fantastic design to the package and also gives a spot for the ribbon to tie and stay on. 


Once you've tied one end closed with ribbon, now is the time to add the treats! CHOCOLATE!!! YUM!  And then tie the other end closed.  What a sweet little treat!


I used some dimensionals to lift the sentiment just a bit. I wanted it to match well, but not fade into the background.  I also added just a touch of  Wink of Stella to add a little glitz and glimmer to it.  


I hope you liked today's project!  It's quick and simple but also very cute.  Anyone would be happy to receive such a lovely little gift. 

Please continue along the hop and check out all the other fabulous projects to show THANKS!


I'd love to hear what you think about today's project and this hop! Please leave a comment below and tell me all about it. :-) 

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a fantastic rest of your day.

Until next time,
Happy Crafting!


If you'd like to purchase any of the items I used today, all you need to do is click on the icons here to be taken directly to my web store. Enjoy!

Product List

18 comments:

  1. Love this project Dana! Thanks for inviting me to participate in the hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun project - thank you for sharing and inviting me to this hop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these treats Dana, they would make great table gifts x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They would indeed Maureen!! I can see fall leaves attached for a Thanksgiving table, or an Easter Basket or fireworks paper! ooooh!! The possibilities are endless!!

      Delete
  4. Ooooh. I love these Dana! Thanks for the inspiration! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute dana! great hop thanks for inviting me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a nice designed project Dana! Thanks for inviting me to the Blog Hop! 😘

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can always thank me with Stampin’ Up! And Chocolate. Great idea. Thank you 😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those candy wraps 😊 very cute 👍

    ReplyDelete