Saturday, February 23, 2019

Sweet as Candy Birthday Card!

Ooooh Friends! Today I have a fun and fabulous card project to share with you.  This suite screams candy shop and I just love it!


So much fun, right?!  I started with a Melon Mambo Card Base measured at 8 1/2" x 5 1/2".  Then stamped that cute little candy piece all over the front in Melon Mambo Ink.  I also stamped the frame around Happy Birthday in the same ink on Whisper White Cardstock and cut it out using the coordinating framelits.  I LOVE that frame set! I have a feeling, you'll see it again in other projects! lol

While I had the candy piece out, I stamped it in coordinating paper/ink colors on Pineapple Punch, Granny Apple Green, and Gorgeous Grape.  The bundle has coordinating dies for everything, making it super easy to create these incredible projects!  Thank you Stampin' Up!!  I stamped the lollipop in Coastal Cabana on White Cardstock and used a blender pen to color in the stick and some of the swirls.

The candy jar itself is actually cut straight out of the DSP (Designer Series Paper) in the suite.  This paper is just to die for!!! It's so much more fun and adorable in person than it even is on screen! LOVE IT!!!   Of course, there are dies in the bundle to cut all the jars out. So it makes quick work of this.


Before I started layering all the elements on, I put a strip of the DSP on the card base. It measured 3/4" x 4", and then I cut the tail out of one end.


After putting the strip on, I layered all of the elements.  I used several dimensionals to achieve a fun and dynamic look.  I also used dimensionals on the frame piece. FUN!!!


You can see some of the dimension and layers in the focal piece here.


There you have it friends!  If you don't already have this bundle (or the entire suite), you are missing out on an incredibly FUN set!  It makes me so happy!! I love it!

Sale-a-Bration is still going strong (though some of the items in the brochure are sold out already), so now is a great time to purchase this bundle (suite) and get something for FREE with your purchase!  You know I'm going to make it easy on you and put icons down below to take you right to the products. :)

I hope you've enjoyed today's quick little card project.  It really takes no time at all with the dies in the bundle.  Makes EASY work of things!

Thanks so much for stopping by my friends! I'm so sorry I hadn't posted the last couple days. This weather pressure is wreaking havoc on my head and giving me migraines. :'(

Have a super duper day everyone!!

Until next time,
Happy Crafting!

If you would like to get ahold of the amazing products I used on today's card, all you need to do is just click one of the icons here and be taken directly to my website.  ENJOY!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment