Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Got Scraps?

Hello my friends! I hope you're doing well today. :-) Do you have a growing "collection" of scraps of DSP?  I dunno about you, but I save every piece big enough to punch a hole in, pretty much. lol.  So occasionally I need to do a stash buster type project with all those scraps.  Today's post is going to show you one of my favorites that is SUPER SIMPLE and easy to do, and it looks great too!


I'm using bits from the all my love DSP because I am completely IN LOVE with this paper! I have used up so much of it and I can't stand to through a single bit of it away.  You notice that there are different sizes and widths of scraps in this photo.  That's great! We actually want a bit of variety for this project. 

So, gather up your scraps and a card base and let's get started! 

Naturally, the first thing you want to do is collect your scraps and figure out a sort of theme. It could be a particular series of DSP, or a color scheme or whatever.  Then you'll want to figure out your card base. Keep it simple though because the star of the show are these dsp scraps!  You will also want a coordinating strip of cardstock.  In this case, I'm using a Whisper White card base and a strip of flirty flamingo for my accent. 


The next thing you'll want to do is cut your scraps to make little pennants (as seen in the photo above).  I find the easiest way to do this is to cut a small slit partially up the middle of one end, and then cut from the bottom corner up to that middle cut. It makes your pennant a bit more even, though don't focus on that too much. It's great if they're not even.

Once you have all your little scraps cut, line them up side by side along the bottom of the card and use that accent strip to cover the tops.  This helps the card look a bit more finished. :-) I tied a piece of ribbon around the strip before I adhered it because I wanted a cute bow there. I could have just tied a bow and stuck it on the front too. Either way. 

At this point, you can put your sentiment (if you want one), or just stamp the inside.  Whatever you choose!

Here is my final project: 



I also used this same layout to create a more masculine card.  As you can see, you can use any dsp, color scheme, theme, whatever.  It's a great layout for anything! 



Well there you have it friends! A fantastic card layout that can be modified to fit any theme or occasion AND will use up all those tiny little scraps that you can't bear to throw away. I hope you enjoyed today's post and come back to see me soon!  If you haven't subscribed to my blog already, please do. 

Leave a comment down below letting me know what you think of this layout.  Will you use it?  

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you'll visit again soon. 

Until next time, 
Happy Crafting!

If you like what you see here and enjoy paper crafting, now is a GREAT time to join Stampin' Up!

 Sale-a-Bration brings fabulous deals and lots of extra FREE products!! For only $99 you can get $175 of YOUR CHOICE of Stampin' Up! products!  It's the ULTIMATE BUNDLE!! 

On top of that, you'll get an automatic 20% off of all future retail orders you place.  WOWZA!!  If that sounds good to you, click HERE to join the fun! While supplies last, you can also get this FABULOUS carry all tote bag! It's only available when you join Stampin' Up!




No comments:

Post a Comment