Thursday, February 7, 2019

A Spectacular Birthday!

Hello, hello, hello my friends!  Yesterday was Tinker Tom's Birthday (aka Mr Chic).  Unfortunately, he also had to do his grown up thing and work.  But, we managed to make a little special day for him I think.   He's been wanting a tractor seat for the longest time.  He wants to make a neat stool for his garage.  We finally found one we really liked and got it for him.  It's definitely "VINTAGE" but he'll be able to restore it or do whatever he wants with it. And as a bonus, it came attached to the metal stand.  He'll be able to use that for something I'm sure!


I can't wait to see what he comes up with! It's gonna be great!

Every year, we make him a card.  His favorite color is blue, so it's usually the focal color of the card.  This year was no exception. 

Our 2019 Occasions catalog helped me out with it too! I just love the Birthday Cheer bundle!


I mean, LOOK at those dies!!! They're FANTASTIC!!!  And they help make a card look very nice, quickly! :-) 

I decided on Night of Navy, Granny Apple Green and Whisper White, which you may recognize from a birthday card I made for my nephew recently.  


Check out the detail on the die cut presents piece!  I LOVE IT!!! I stamped the gift in Tuxedo Black ink and then colored it with Stampin' Blends. I love those too! hehe. 

I've got a standard 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" base card, a 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" Granny Apple layer,  and a 2 1/4" x 3 1/4" white piece to stamp on.


I wanted a little texture to the card base, so I used versamark to stamp the confetti background. 


Then used the same stamp in Lemon Lime Twist to make a bit of a background on the white layer.  It really helped the sentiment not seem quite so stark and lonely on the card.  A bit of color on the present and fussy cutting it out, did the trick to finish it up nicely. 


I used a lot of dimension on the card, putting dimensionals between the base and the green layer and again behind the gift box.  I really like how it turned out!


I finished it off with just a little bit of bling. ;-)  The card was a lot of fun to make and could easily be a universal card for men or women, young and old. 

I hope you enjoyed today's project!  If you'd like to get the supplies you saw here today, just click on the icons below to be taken directly to my webstore where you can purchase your own.

Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a fantastic day!!

And as always,
Happy Crafting!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment