Tuesday, February 19, 2019

You are the BEST ever!

Hi there!! Today I'm going to share one of Stampin' Up's 2nd round FREE Sale-a-Bration items with you.  This stamp set is SO INCREDIBLE, you are going to fall in love and HAVE to get it! :-) It's wonderful!


Isn't that sentiment AMAZING?!  I think so!  I love the font AND the words! It's beautiful!  The stamp is part of a brand new set available for FREE in the 2019 Sale-a-Bration brochure.  Wait til you see what else comes in the set! You're gonna want it for your own!


What'd I tell ya?  Very cool huh?!  I love it!  I'm going to be playing with this one a bit more, so keep an eye on my instagram for more ideas!

Ok, lemme get to it.  I started with a piece of Pool Party cardstock cut at 11" x 4 1/4" and then scored at 5 1/2".  I pulled out a beautiful piece of DSP from the Painted Seasons bundle. This is another FREE set of products in the Sale-a-Bration brochure.  That piece of DSP measured 4" x 3".  Then I have a scrap piece of Whisper White that's just big enough for my sentiment.   I'm also going to use some of that gorgeous Granny Apple Green/Coastal Cabana two sided ribbon from the Occasions catalog! It matches PERFECTLY with our project!


I knew I wanted to use Gold embossing powder with this project because Gold just does something magical when combined with these shades of blue and green.


First thing to do is use the embossing buddy and "prep" the surface by rubbing the powder all over the surface of the card. This keeps embossing powder from sticking to areas I don't want it to stick.


I used Versamark clear ink to stamp the images onto the card base, and then sprinkled the gold embossing powder over the stamped areas.


When you use embossing powder, you want to have a tray or a piece of paper under your project to catch the excess powder.  This can be dumped back into the jar and used again later.  Nice huh?


Use the heat tool to melt the powder into the beautiful shiny embossing.  The trick is to not hold the tool too close to the paper and gentle move the heat across the whole stamped area.  Don't hold it just in the one spot.  It won't emboss the rest of the image and it'll burn your paper.


I stamped the BEST EVER sentiment in Versamark and embossed it with gold powder, using the same technique as above.  But with this piece, I wanted to add a little something to the white cardstock. It was a bit too stark for what I wanted.  So, I added some gold around the edges too.



I did two sides at a time and let the paper cool and dry for just a minute in between.  Then, I sat it off to the side and got to work on the rest of the card.


Doesn't that ribbon look like it was made for the DSP?  I love the color combination!


I attached the DSP layer with some snail, to the card base.  And then, put some dimensionals on the back of the white sentiment layer.


That's it! Card's done!  What do you think about the stamp set?  Isn't it great?! I love it!

Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you enjoyed this project.   Sale-a-Bration is an incredible time for Stampin' Up!  You can earn FREE products (like the stamp set and DSP featured here) with $50 and $100 purchases.  You can earn as many FREE products as you want too.  There's no limit! Plus, if you order $150 or more, you can get Stampin' Rewards on top of the FREE Sale-a-Bration items!  That's something to sing about!! If you'd like to know more about Sale-a-Bration, or take a look at the FREE products you can earn, just click the picture here:




Have a fantastic day my friends!

Until next time,
Happy Crafting!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment