Thursday, January 31, 2019

Cockadoodledoo!!!!

Hello my friends!! So nice to see you today!  I hope you're staying warm.  It's frigid outside, here in East TN.  But, the good thing about the cold weather is that it gives me an excuse to stay inside and craft! :-D


Today's project includes one of my other loves..... Chickens! When I saw the Home to Roost stamp set in the Sale-a-Bration catalog, I knew I HAD TO HAVE IT!!

I'm totally and completely IN LOVE with my chickens and the idea of incorporating them in my paper crafting was an absolute joy!

So, how did I create this masterpiece?  I started with some Cajun Craze Cardstock base.  The embossed layer is actually that wood plank piece I made recently by heat embossing layers and layers of powder over the dry embossed cardstock.  It was part of the "Black Ice Technique" video I shared on the 7th.


The next thing to do was tie some of that burlap ribbon around the layer piece.  The card came together really quickly because I already had the layered piece done. hehe.  It was just laying around waiting for it's fabulous project!  I can't imagine a better one for it either!


For the focal piece, I started with Very Vanilla cardstock and stamped the wheat stamp twice together (stamping off both times) to create a background.  Then, I stamped the Rooster on another piece of Very Vanilla cardstock and fussy cut him out.  Some dimensionals added to the back helped him really POP off the card! I love it!  I used so saffron as a scalloped background.  It was just the right amount of color to make the focal point stand on it's own from the card. 


What do you think?  He's a pretty spiffy lookin' dude isn't he?  I love it!

Well, there you have it friends!  I will DEFINITELY be playing with this set more and will post more projects to share with you. I hope you enjoyed my card.


If you would like to get your hands on the Home to Roost stamp set, I have great news for you!  It's FREE!!!  It's one of the free stamp sets Stampin' Up! is offering during Sale-a-Bration, which means it's only available for a limited time.  So, if you'd like to get your hands on it, head over to my website and place your order today!  The Home to Roost set is FREE with any $50 purchase.

Thank you so much for stopping by my little corner of the cyber world today! I hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you've not already done so, please consider FOLLOWING my blog so that you'll get notified when the next post comes along.  :-)

I hope you have a fabulous day!

Until next time,
Happy Crafting!

Click on any of the icons here to be taken to my website.  The items listed here are what I used to create today's card. 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment