Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Make A Wish!

Hello there! I am so happy you're here today. Thank you for stopping by! I had promised to post at least once a week, but I really want to try hard to post daily (or almost daily. lol).  I'm still working out a good routine to be able to post to Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, and here on a more consistent basis. Please bear with me. :-) I'll get there!

Today's card is a very special Birthday card.  Our nephew is turning 17 on Thursday and unfortunately we're not able to spend it with him.  So instead, we're sending a fabulous card and a gift certificate to be able to go out to dinner (on us).

I really like how the card turned out. It's not too juvenile, but still cute! 


What do you think?  I LOVE the color scheme.  Blue/Green/White is one of my all time FAVORITE color combinations!  The candles give it just the right touch and made a HUGE difference in the finished project.  All in all, a pretty fantastic card!

One thing I wanted was a lot of texture.  I wanted a simple background, but not flashy or busy.  This is where embossing folders come to the rescue! It's INCREDIBLE how just embossing a solid color of cardstock can make such a HUGE impact. 

I used the Broadway Birthday Stamp and die bundle along with the Simple Stripes embossing folder.   I turned the paper at an angle in the folder because I didn't want just plain ol' stripes.  The diagonal really made a difference in the overall look of the card.  It makes me happy!


I really like how you can see through photopolymer stamps. They make it easy to figure out the placement first.  I find that I often lay out my design this way before I actually stamp. I'm truly a visual person and it definitely helps me to "see" how the image will look.  


Once I stamped this part, I needed to stamp the candles. 


I went ahead and stamped the inside of the card too.  Do you know how REMARKABLE a card looks when you take a little time to dress up the INSIDE too?  Oh my gosh! It's HUGE! In this case, I brought all those fabulous colors in and matched it up with the candles.  I love it and there's still plenty of room to hand write a note. 


I had some of this finely woven Lemon Lime Twist ribbon leftover and it matched perfectly!  It's a discontinued item, BUT I do know that it's in the clearance rack on my website (at least it is today). 


I've been all about layers lately, too.  The more the better! Of course, this costs an additional $.21 in postage to send, but I don't care. Totally worth it! lol


I love it!  You can see that I put the stamped image on a night of navy mat layer, and then popped it up with dimensionals before attaching it to the embossed layer, which was also popped up with dimensionals.  It's these little details that separate us from the big box stores, isn't it?  hehe. I really do love all the layers and texture and dimension! It's wonderful! 


Of course then, it stands to reason that I would also pop up the candles! lol.  Add a bit of Wink of Stella to them and you have an instant flame.  So pretty! And, still not too much glitz and glam for a young man. ;-) I also spread some Stella over the word "WISH" just to give it a little pop!


Well there you have it my friends! A fabulously fun Birthday Card that really could be for anyone!  This one is special, so I won't duplicate it. But, I think maybe something similar "in bulk" so I have Birthday Cards on hand when I need them!  They'll fit perfectly in the Card Box Organizer I made the other day. 

Thank you so much for stopping by and spending some time with me today!  I really appreciate you!  I hope that you'll "FOLLOW" my blog so you don't miss any of my posts, and I hope that you'll try this project yourself!

If you don't already have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, I would love to be yours!  Just contact me and let me know how I can help you.  If you'd like to order any of the products you saw used here today, you can click the images here below and be taken directly to my website where you can order.

I hope you have a fantastic day!

And as always,
Happy Crafting!

Product List
Lemon Lime Twist Classic Stampin' Pad
Lemon Lime Twist Classic Stampin' Pad
[144086]

No comments:

Post a Comment