Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Last Minute Gift Bag Idea!


Hello my crafty friends! We're just a few days before Christmas now. Yayaya! Are you ready?  Perhaps  you're feeling the pinch because you have a last minute gift need? Today's post is a super cute little gift bag made from supplies you already have in your crafty stash! 

This bag is made from a basic envelope! WOW!!  Now, I'm going to give you measurements for THIS ONE, and I'll have my supply list down at the bottom of my post.  HOWEVER, you can substitute any and everything with things you have on hand. Well, almost.  You do need an envelope of some sort. This could even be one that you received a card in! It can be recycled.  You just want to have an envelope for your foundation.   

Intrigued yet?  Well let's get started!


Any size envelope will work. It will just create a different size of bag. The bigger the envelope, the bigger the bag. 

I used a standard A2 size Basic White envelope for mine, and I scored it at 3/4" on each of the left & right sides and along the bottom.  This is the "critical" formula.  It doesn't matter how big your envelope, or which measurement you use, so long as you score the same on each of the sides and along the bottom.  That's it. That's the trick! Easy Peezy right?! 

Ok, from there I burnished the score line back and forth so that it would open more easily.  I put my hand inside the envelope to flatten the base. As you do this, you'll notice a triangular "point" on each end of your base.  Carefully press those flat and then glue them to the base of your bag.  

VIOLA!  Your bag is complete! It's all about dressing it up from here! You can do that however you like! Cardstock, DSP, stamping directly on the envelope, whatever you want. 

If you'd like to see how I created this exact bag, check out my video on Youtube.  Be sure to give it a thumbs up and share it with your friends so that they can create their own quick and simple gift bags too!

You can see the video here also: 


I hope you enjoyed today's project and I hope it's helped ease someone's stress.  Remember, the holiday season should not be a season of stress and anxiety. It should be a season of giving, hope, and love. It doesn't have to cost anything to give the gift of love and your time. Enjoy the moment and the memories made because the moments are gone before ya know it! 


From my home to yours, Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays my dear sweet friends!! I shall see you again soon!  Lots of love and hugs headed your way!!! 

Have you seen the new GORGEOUS 2022-2024 In-Colors?  Join my In-Color Club and get a fantastic selection of products featuring the new In-Colors, at a price that doesn't make your pocketbook scream! Now you CAN get all the things!! PLUS, get a set of the new In-Color Matte Dots FOR FREE!!  To sign up, click the image below. :-) 



To receive the 2023 Spring Mini Catalog (Idea Book),

click the image here to go to the request form!


Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

If you would like to purchase any of the supplies I used on today's project, simply click an image below to be taken directly to my website. Enjoy!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment