Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Day 9 of The 12 Days of Christmas Tags


Hello my crafty friends! How are you today? Are you ready for Day 9 of The 12 Days of Christmas Tags?  We're almost to the end of our series.  I hope you've found some fabulous inspiration and will dress up your gift packages this year! Beautiful tags are always a sure-fire way to make the season bright!


Today's tag uses the Snowman Magic Stamp & Die Bundle.  I love the dies in this set because they not only build a snowman, but they also include a gorgeous die that just screams to have a shaker made out of it!  So, guess what? That's exactly what we're gonna do!

Here's what you'll need for our shaker tag: 

* 3 3/8" x 4 5/8" Basic White Cardstock (die cut in the center with the snowflake frame die). Save the middle section to stamp & die cut your snowman and snowflakes!
* 3 3/8" x 4 5/8" Window Sheet for the shaker
* 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" Balmy Blue Cardstock (die cut with the largest Scalloped Contours Die)
* Scrap of Night of Navy Cardstock for die cut tree
* A few lengths of ribbon (I used the Black & White Gingham, White Crinkle, and Simply Elegant Trim for my tag)

I am absolutely smitten with the snowflake frame die in this bundle!  Just look at the gorgeous die cut! Once it's cut from the middle of that white panel, you can attach your window sheet to the backside of it. This creates the front of your shaker. 


You can't see through the sequins, but I stamped my sentiment on the Balmy Blue background piece before I added them and assembled the shaker.  This is a terrific way to add a sentiment without cluttering up the front of the tag.  I love it! 

Notice that I piled the sequins on the back panel, but I put the Foam Adhesive Strips on the backside of the window sheet.  I did this to ensure that my strips wouldn't be seen from the front of the shaker. Once I took the backing off of the strips, I carefully lined up the front with the back and pressed evenly to ensure a good seal.  You want to make sure that there are NO GAPS between segments of foam, otherwise your sequins will come flying out! YIKES! lol


Do you recognize the white cardstock I'm stampin' on here?  That's right! It's the middle piece from the front panel.  No need to waste paper when you can do all your stamping and die cutting on it!  I do recommend cutting the frame out first though, just so you know where your stamping boundaries are. :-) 


There was plenty of room on that scrap for all the stamping and cutting I needed to do. I was even able to cut 3 little snowflakes to help embellish the front. Certainly, I could have cut more! So feel free to go crazy with it! You can never have too many snowflakes! As you can see, I cut a set of snowman arms from Soft Suede Cardstock. I love that Stampin' Up thought to make the little round part on the tops of the arms. It makes attaching them SOOOOOO much easier! Add a touch of glue to the spot and attach to the backside of the snowman.  

I used the Dark Basic Black Stampin' Blends Marker to darken up frosty's hat. Apparently I need to reink my memento pad.  This is the terrific thing about our colors ACTUALLY coordinating across the products! It's so easy to "touch up" if we need to! I colored the berries on the holly with Dark Real Red, and his nose with Dark Pumpkin Pie.  


You see how well this came together! Boy, oh boy! That die cut frame sure made EASY work of embellishing this tag! I added my three little snowflakes (with dimensional pieces) over top of a few of the other snowflakes on the cut out. Then, I put a rhinestone in the middle of each.  Don't forget to attach the Night of Navy tree to the other side. It really helps to balance the tag, beautifully! 


I just love how this tag turned out! Be sure to stop back by in about an hour, as I'm gonna show  you how to turn THIS TAG into a stunning card! You won't wanna miss it! So come back and check it out in a bit!


Thanks so much for stopping by and checking out Day 9 of The 12 Days of Christmas Tags! I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did! Come back again tomorrow for Day 10! See you then! :-D

Have you seen the new GORGEOUS 2022-2024 In-Colors?  Join my In-Color Club and get a fantastic selection of products featuring the new In-Colors, at a price that doesn't make your pocketbook scream! Now you CAN get all the things!! PLUS, get a set of the new In-Color Matte Dots FOR FREE!!  To sign up, click the image below. :-) 



To receive the 2023 Spring Mini Catalog (Idea Book),

click the image here to go to the request form!


Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

If you would like to purchase any of the supplies I used on today's project, simply click an image below to be taken directly to my website. Enjoy!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment