Friday, December 18, 2020

Day 9 of The 12 Days of Christmas Tags!


Hello my friends! How are you today?  I realized when I pulled the photo for today's tag, that I had shared a sneak peek with you a while back and then left you hangin' on what the project was going to be.  ACK! Shame on me for doing that! 

Well, I hope it was worth the wait. lol.  Today, Day 9 tag is using that die cut piece I shared with you. 


It reminds me of a beautiful old patchwork tree skirt.  An absolutely beautiful inspiration!  

This tag is also unique because it utilizes the Celebration Labels Dies for the tag base and patchwork layer.   It also features my FAVORITE sentiment set in the ENTIRE Holiday catalog!!  The "Christmas means More" stamp set  is a nod to our most beloved Christmas movies and has the famous lines from several of them!  Can you identify the movies? 


Alrighty, let me tell you how to do this tag then! 

First, I layered some scraps of the Heartwarming Hugs DSP onto a piece of Whisper White Cardstock. The key to this is not the size of the scraps, but simply to ensure that all the white is covered.  Once you've got all your scraps attached,  you can die cut the piece into anything. In this case, I'm using those fabulous labels dies.  I've used the 2nd largest because I want this to be a layered piece for the tag itself. 

I also cut a plain piece of Whisper White Cardstock with the same size die, to use as an inside layer, since my tag is going to be a darker color. I cut BOTH of these tags in half on the score line.  I was able to make two tags at once which is a real time saver! 

Then, I used the largest of the Celebration Labels Dies to cut the Cherry Cobbler tag base.  The Mossy Meadow Diagonal Striped Ribbon matched perfectly, so that's what I used to tie into a knot around the front of the tag. 

Using the Layering Circles Dies and Granny Apple Green Cardstock and Whisper White Cardstock, I made the label for the front of the tag.  Stamp it with that adorable movie quote sentiment and pop it on with dimensionals! Viola! SERIOUSLY cute Christmas Tag!



I truly hope that you are enjoying the 12 Days of Christmas Tags! I've had such a great time sharing them with you and connecting via my Facebook Live! Speaking of Facebook Live: 

Each day from December 10th thru the 22nd I will be sharing a NEW Christmas Gift Tag with you!  Be sure to come back every day to see the next one! :-D   I also go LIVE in "THE STAMPIN' CHIC FACEBOOK GROUP" each of those days at 1pm est to create that day's tag with you.  Come and craft with me today!  

I hope to see you there!! :-D

If you would like to receive the upcoming Spring 2021 Mini Catalog and Sale-a-Bration Brochure, click the catalog image here to go to the request form!
Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

If you would like to purchase any of the supplies I used on today's project, simply click an image below to be taken directly to my website. Enjoy!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment