Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Technique Tuesday - Floating Panel Card


Good morning friends! I hope you are doing well today!  I have a FABULOUS technique to share with you this week.  You're gonna love it!

It's called the Floating Panel technique or Split Panel.  I love the effect it brings to a card.  So much fun!!


Is't it fantastic?  I love it!  Using window sheets to "complete" the front panel of the card, leaves room for a wide variety of interesting and creative embellishments.   In this case, I have the lighthouse in the forefront and the "sea" in the background.

Your imagination is the only limitation with this unique card.

So how do you do it?  Well basically, you get your card base. For my card, I used a 4 1/4" x 11 base (scored at 5 1/2").  Then, cut a section out of one side.  Notice on my card, there is a 1/2" strip of cardstock at the top. I had cut 5" of cardstock off that side. And then, I cut 1 3/4" off of that 5" piece, to glue across the bottom of the window sheet.  I inserted a piece of window sheet measuring the front side of the card (5 1/2" x 4 1/4"), and glued it to the backside of the 1/2" strip on top and the 1 3/4" strip on bottom. This "completes" the front side of the card.

Then, simply decorate as you wish!

Here are a few other examples I pulled from Google:

Image result for floating panel card

Image result for Split Panel Card

Image result for Acetate front card

Well, you get the idea. You can make absolutely STUNNING projects using this technique!  If you try it, please feel free to share in The Stampin' Chic Facebook Group. I'd love to see!

Thanks so much for stopping by today friends!! I hope you enjoyed this technique and will give it a shot! It really is a lot of fun! :-)

Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!

#TheStampinChic

If you'd like to order any of the supplies I used here today, you can get them by clicking on the images below.

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment