Wednesday, August 14, 2019

CASE IT Wednesday - A Little Lace


Happy Wednesday, friends! I hope you're doing well today! I have a very pretty project to share with you this week.  It comes from page 42 in the 2019 Annual Catalog and is made from one of my top 5 FAVORITE bundles, "A LITTLE LACE".


I absolutely ADORE that lace die! It is so dainty, yet bold enough to make a HUGE impression!

This card was actually very easy to do. The lace panel really does all the work for us.  So, first off, I die cut the lace panel from a piece of Whisper White Cardstock.  Then, I used the lace edge die to cut away the bottom.  I saved the remaining bit for another project. :-)

The card base is a 4 1/4" x 11" piece of Pretty Peacock. I am LOVING that color!! How about you?  Well done Stampin' Up!

The hearts were scraps of Calypso Coral that I had in my scrap bag. I love having little bits for things such as this.  It reminds me why I save all my scraps to begin with! hehe.


And then there's a little linen thread bow glued onto one of the hearts with a glue dot.

Alright, so the lace panel seems to put folks into a panic over the idea of weeding out all the little bits.  BUT, what if I told you that there was an INCREDIBLE technique you could use that would make this task totally and completely obsolete?  WHAT?!!  Yes! Truly!  Ok, all  you do is layer a folded dryer sheet (or two) between the cutting plate and your cardstock.


So the "SANDWICH" would go (from top to bottom): cutting plate, die, cardstock, dryer sheet(s), cutting plate, platform.  Now, you may have to adjust slightly per the machine. I use my ol' trusty big shot.  But basically the dryer sheet goes under the cardstock.  What happens, is that the dryer sheet grabs the cardstock.  When you peel the paper away from the dryer sheet, the little bits stay clung to them! YAY!!! AUTO-WEEDING!!! hehehe.  BRILLIANT!



"Look at all those tiny bits!!! Now, there may be an occasional stray that just refuses to let go.  But shooooooooot!!! I can handle that one little tiny bit over a THOUSAND of them!! hahahaha! And, you're able to reuse the dryer sheet(s) a few times, but not too many.  You'll notice when it's time to get new ones. You'll have to start weeding more and more again. lol. 

Isn't it great? One might even say "REVOLUTIONARY" even! haha! Well, maybe not quite THAT amazing, but it IS pretty awesome!!  You are welcome, my friends!  I even did a little video a while back, sharing how well this works.

Take a look here:

OK, so I also used the ol' silicone mat and sponge to apply the glue to the backside of the lace panel. This is (in my opinion) the best and least messy way of getting enough adhesive on the backside of the panel.  Now, you could use adhesive sheets, but then the dryer sheet method wouldn't work for you because it would take the backings off the sheets and leave a lot of the weeding.

Once I glued the lace and applied it to the card, I used dimensionals to adhere the hearts.

I also heat embossed the sentiment with Versamark and White Emboss Powder.  I love the contrast!  So nice!

Well friends, I hope you enjoyed today's CASE IT project!  I encourage you to sit down with the catalog and find a project that you really adore and CASE IT as well! It's a lot of fun, totally "fair" to do, and helps get the creative juices flowing!


Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a fantastic day!!

Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!

#TheStampinChic

If you'd like to order any of the products I used today, you can get them by simply clicking one of the images here below. Enjoy!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment