Monday, December 13, 2021

Day 8 of the 12 Days of Christmas Tags

Hey there crafty friends! It's time for another Make-It Monday! 

Today, I'm bringing you Day 8 of the 12 Days of Christmas Tags AND a fun little gift for friends, coworkers, postal workers, or anyone else you need a little somethin' sweet for!

I found these Hershey's Build-A-Santa treats at the Dollar Tree. They were a perfect little gift for my club girls.  

Because we were creating cards using the Sweet Stockings collection, I chose to use that for this project as well.  It's perfect for it!

The Designer Series Paper wrapper measures 8 1/4" x 5 1/4", so you can get two for each sheet of DSP with a little paper left to spare for a cute card!

I used Tear & Tape on one of the short edges to hold the wrapper together, but still make it able to slide off of the candy bar. 

See! I told you the suite was perfect for this project! I actually enlisted the help of the lil Miss to die cut all the stockings from one sheet of DSP. They made the perfect embellishment!  

While she was cutting them, I was busy die cutting the tag layers. 


One of the terrific things about the Sweet Little Stockings bundle, is this awesome stitched tag! I used Old Olive Cardstock to cut it out and thought it was a perfect choice in color. 

Then, I used the Stitched So Sweetly Dies (one of my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE!!) to make the Real Red and Basic White layers. 


I stamped "Peace, Joy & Kisses" in Evening Evergreen ink, the stars in BumbleBee, and the candy cane in Real Red.  The Basic White layer is attached directly to the Real Red layer, but then the Red layer is attached to the Old Olive tag base with dimensionals. 


From there, I started adding the embellishments. 


This right here is EXACTLY why I keep little scraps of paper.  Do you see how tiny that little three berry cluster is?  I was able to cut all 6 of them from this one little piece of cardstock. Talk about thrifty! lol. 


I cut the leaves out of Old Olive Cardstock and then layered the berries and leaves together using Multipurpose Liquid Glue. They were attached to the stocking with a dot of the glue as well. 

The bottom stocking was attached to the Red and White sections with a bit of liquid glue, but the top stocking was attached with a Stampin' Dimensional. 


The finishing touch on this adorable little treat, was the addition of the Pool Party striped ribbon.  It took about 21" of ribbon to go around the wrapper and tie into a bow. 

I think it's super cute, and my girls loved them!  It's these little things that are so much fun! I love surprising my girls with little tokens of appreciation. :-) 


Isn't it so cute?  These would make FANTASTIC stocking stuffers!


Thanks so very much for hanging out with me for a bit this evening! I hope you've enjoyed today's project! Be sure to stop by again tomorrow for Day 9 of the 12 Days of Christmas Tags! 

Do you just LOVE the new In-Colors and want to have them all?  Join my In-Color Club and get a fantastic selection of products featuring the new In-Colors, at a price that doesn't make your pocketbook scream! Now you CAN get all the things!! PLUS, get a set of the new In-Color Jewels FOR FREE!!  To get all the details and to sign up, click the image below. :-) 


To receive the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (Idea Book), click the image here to go to the request form!


Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

If you would like to purchase any of the supplies I used on today's project, simply click an image below to be taken directly to my website. Enjoy!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment