Thursday, July 18, 2019

Thoughtful Thursday - Finding your mojo


Good morning friends! Today's Thoughtful Thursday is all about your mojo.  You know, that thing that gets you up and runnin'.  That thing that gets your creative juices flowin'.

Sometimes, I wake up bright eyed and bushy tailed and ready to tackle everything life throws at me.  Me and my mojo are one with the universe and we are ROCKIN' IT!!  Other times, I look EVERYWHERE trying to find that pesky lil buggar that seems to be completely evasive. Those days can be super hard.


What do you do when your mojo is on vacation, and you need its help? Creatively, one of the things I like to do is CASE a project I see online.  That's one of the reasons I LOVE CASE-IT Wednesday.  It's a great mid-week boost to help my mojo stay on task.  Alot of times, your mojo takes a hike because of things going on around you. Stressors from home, work, family, life in general, all play a role in chasing your mojo away.  I think of mojo like an ol' laid back hippie. Right? he's all "chill, man! Don't be so heavy."  When things settle down in your mind and body, your mojo will start to come back.  So, the key to having our mojo when we need it, is to take a step back from the stressors and take a deep breath and relax.

This morning, I woke up feeling a bit tense and tired and had so much trouble getting in touch with my mojo.  I decided to CASE a few projects for upcoming blog posts to relax a bit and, wouldn't ya know, my ol' friend showed up! YAY!!

So, I made a thing for you.  I LOVE THIS!! It may be one of my favorite projects this month! I hope you like it too! :-D


I've got a Stampin' Bingo event coming up this weekend and I want a few fabulous projects to showcase our AMAZING products.  I think this will fit the bill nicely!  I am totally in love with it!  If only we had a room with the nautical theme, ANYWHERE in our home! lol.  This is definitely display worthy.

I got the 5x7" frame from Walmart. Behind the glass is a piece of the Come Sail Away DSP. It makes such a nice background. The decorative piece is Very Vanilla Cardstock matted onto Balmy Blue Cardstock, and has been highly distressed with Soft Suede Ink.  All of the images and die cut elements are from the Sailing Home Bundle and I've tied some of the Night of Navy and Sahara Sand Twine into the project.

Ya know, I would consider this piece a collage of sorts.  I always find my mojo lurking in a big pile of collage elements. I LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOOVE layering things. It's my happy place, and this fit the bill perfectly.


I hope you've been able to take something away from today's "chat", and that you enjoyed the bonus project as well!

Thanks so much for stopping by today, friends! I hope you have a wonderful (rest of your) day!

Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!

If you loved today's project and want to make one for yourself, here are the supplies I used.  Simply click on one of the images and you'll be taken directly to my website where you can order.  I would love to be your Stampin' Up! Demonstrator! :-)

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment