Thursday, July 25, 2019

Thoughtful Thursday - Contentment


Hello, Hello friends! I hope you're all doing well today!  The past few weeks have been a SCORCHER here in East Tennessee, but the last couple of days have been absolutely AH-MAZING!!!!  80 degrees with only a 50% humidity is just GORGEOUS. :-)  So I was sitting in the rocker on our front porch, having my cup of coffee and just taking in the beautiful morning, when I realized how content I was with my world at that moment. 

What a fabulous feeling!  Of course, at times like that, it's easy to find contentment.  But what about those days when everything seems to be going wrong?  We overslept our alarm, the car wouldn't start, the kids are fussing, traffic is slow, I could go on and on.... You get the idea. lol.   It's a bit harder to find contentment when things aren't going our way. Instead we find resentment about our situations.   But if we can just "keep our eyes on the prize" as they say, and think about those little things we love so much about our lives, we will have an easier time to find contentment in each and every day.

I love when the weather cools off and folks start using their woodburning stoves and fireplaces.  I love the crickets singin' after dark.  I love how my family can settle in and watch a movie together.  There are so many little things that I love about my life, that I can carry those with me through the times when I struggle.  I'll tell ya, a nice cup of herbal tea out on the porch before bedtime...... hits the spot and makes the day end on a good note.

Tea Together Cling Stamp Set

Here's to finding your cup of tea at the end of a long day!  May we all be blessed enough to find contentment each day, no matter what struggles we may face.

I hope you do! And if you can't, come on over to my place. I'll share a cup with you. :-)

Thank you so much for stopping by today my friends! I hope the day is kind and the weekend is even better!  ~ Lots of Love!

Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment